PDA

View Full Version : 2061 & 2720 New member

SAS
12-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Hello, my name is Stan, and I'm a new member from Michigan. I've always admired the elegance of the Mark II's, imagining that when new they looked as good at the beach, windows down, as at the opera or other formal affair in the evening. I have fiddled a bit with old cars since the mid 1970's, and lately am finally a Mark II owner. I have two unrestored 1956 coupes, both with air conditioning and original full leather interiors. They both require a lot of work and I am not sure when or how far I will get with them. Black C56B2061 was originally light blue and has a two tone blue interior, white C56C2720 has a white and black interior. I will retrieve and upload the data plate info to the registry shortly. I've enjoyed looking at the forum and many thanks to members for their input!

Stan A. Staniszewski
Clinton Twp., Michigan

Doc
12-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the Forum. I know that Pat will look forward to any/all information you can give on the cars in terms of their ownership history, etc. And, of course, the rest of us are always anxious to see pictures when you have a chance to post them. You certainly jumped with both feet if you've got two, how'd that happen? One to restore and a parts car or ?

Again, welcome.

Dan
12-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Congratulations on your acquisitions
I'll bet there's an interesting story re: the double purchase
and welcome to the forum
post pics as you can
let us know how we can help
:)

Pat Marshall
12-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Stan, here are the links to the updated Registry histories for your cars. Anything you can add will be very helpful.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=19277#post19277

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=20555#post20555

SAS
12-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Hi, both cars were on ebay at different times from different sellers.

The white car came first and was from a small town outside of Toledo, Ohio. The seller of this car has an obsolete school building packed with old stuff and quite a number of old cars.

The black (light blue) car came from a small town outside Indianapolis, Indiana, where seller restores cars, but was very busy and didn't expect to get to it. This car is quite a bit better than the white car so was worthwhile purchasing. It may be a very low mileage example, though was improperly stored at some point in the past and is somewhat deteriorated. There is probably a chance of getting further history on this car.

linmk2
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Stan, welcome. Nice to have you join in the fun. I second the comment to post pictures when you have time. Having one Mark II is great, having two is fantastic.