PDA

View Full Version : 1757 New member from Sacramento California

George
01-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Hello everyone my name is George Procida and a few months back I purchased my first 1956 Continental Mark II. We are currently in the middle of the restoration process, I would like to say we are about half way through but I'm not quite sure if we are. Our frame and suspension are complete along with most of the engine, transmission and rear end. The body is at the stripping shop now and that will be our next task. I tried to post some photos to an album under my profile but was unable to do so, I think the file size is too large, I will work on that and post as soon as I can for those interested in following our progress.

As for the forum I have read most of the threads and have picked up some useful information, thank you everyone.

I look forward to sharing with anyone the knowledge that I have gained in the past few months and look forward to learning more about this wondeerful car.

George Procida

Barry Wolk
01-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Welcome, George. Glad you could join us.

depmike38
01-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Glad to have you George, you'll like this place.

Chuck Lutz
01-19-2010, 12:10 AM
George, I really enjoy welcoming another Northern Californian. Glad your with us. Ok, I enjoy welcoming everyone here. :D

Nick DeSpirito
01-19-2010, 06:09 AM
George, welcome to the forum, and lots of luck with the your Mark II. I look forward to seeing pictures of the restoration process.

linmk2
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Welcome George. Looking forward to seeing photos of your restoration.

George
01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
For those interested, I have posted a few photos of my Mark II project. I will post some updated photos once the weather gets better and I am able to roll it out for better pictures.

The photos can be found under my member profile in the albums section.

roger
01-20-2010, 03:26 PM
welcome, this is the best automotive forum going! I saw the pictures, man, you've got that one torn apart! Good luck getting it back together!
Roger

Shelly Harris
01-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Love those pictures.... that's what I call a real PROJECT.

Don Henschel
01-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Welcome George! Great pictures. Now thats what I call a restoration, everything stripped and painted as good as or better than new!

Mark_II_Mark
01-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Congrats George, you're showing how is oughta be done...

George
01-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks Mark, I just keep telling myself that the second one will go much smother!

It's been a lot of fun and most importantly - I'm learning a lot.

I will keep posting to my reassemble album as I progress.

George Procida