PDA

View Full Version : Hello from New Mexico

newmexicomatt
01-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Happy to have found this forum...I was thinking of starting one myself! It is so difficult to find other Mark II owner's to discuss this great car! I've owned my Mark II for about 7 years. My car spent over a year at a restorer taking care of all of the mechanical issues. Drove it about 150 miles when the oil filter fell off and seized the engine! Another year at a different mechanic I now have a rebuilt engine. My car still needs paint and interior to bring it where I want it. Looking forward to chatting with others on this forum to get the info I need!
My other cars are BMW's...I have an '03 Z4, '08 X5, an '01 750il and a '94 850csi Individual
See you in the forums....Matt from New Mexico

Chuck Lutz
01-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the Forum Matt. Good to have you here. It's really quite a place if have even the most passing interest in Mark II and it's gold mine if you own or are restoring one. You'll find the people here very interesting and knowledgeable and their cars and information amazing.
I join the group in August and I'm addicted. It a country club without golf, tennis, or monthly dues.
When you get a chance post some pictures of your Mark II and your vin and any of the history that you know about your car. We all love that sort of thing here.
Good luck and, again, Welcome.

Barry Wolk
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Matt, welcome to the site. Please follow the requirement that you use your real name in the sig area of your post.

I like your taste in cars. I also have several older BMWs, a 325iX and a 750iL that we bought new in '88. Great cars. Got to drive the 750iL as fast as it would go on the Autobahn. My wife drives a '97 Z3 during the summer and the iX during the winter.

linmk2
01-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Welcome Matt. You now know you are not alone. Everyone here likes talking "Mark II".

depmike38
01-10-2010, 04:45 PM
The more the merrier!

Nick DeSpirito
01-11-2010, 06:08 AM
Welcome Matt. We are an eager bunch of Mark II owners that look forward to helping you (and all Mark II owners) with any issues you might have with your car.