PDA

View Full Version : 2450 New member from Iowa

Harry Nicholson
12-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone!

I just want to say that this is the most informative forum that I belong to. I learned about it while reading Lincoln and Continental Comments and decided to give it a try.

I have been reading a lot of the posts on here and have found them to be valuable since I am restoring a 1956 Mark II. I have owned this car for about 8 years and have put a lot of time into it. We have recently finished the interior and have just begun to take it to a few shows.

I would not have gotten as far as I have on restoring my car if it were not for other Mark II owners sharing information with me. Some of you may know a man by the name of Lowell Domholdt of Ohio--he has spent several hours with me on the phone explaining different things about the Mark II. I truly appreciate all of his help.

I sometimes feel as though I am restoring a champagne car on a beer budget, but my wife and I truly love the car and have spent many evenings and weekends on it.

Thank you to the people responsible for creating this forum. I look forward to learning more about Mark IIs and the fine people who own them!

Harry N.

Doc
12-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Harry - Welcome to the forum. As you note, there's a tremendous wealth of knowledge available on the forum; we've all benefitted from the collective knowledge of the folks that have "been there, done that" when we have questions. Let's see some pictures when you've got them available.

Harry Nicholson
12-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Doc--I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on this forum. It's nice to have the support when needed. I know that there are many people on this forum that know the Mark II inside and out. That will be very helpful to me. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Shelly Harris
12-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Welcome Harry....please ask your friend Mr. Domholdt to join the forum too.

Nick DeSpirito
12-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Harry,

Welcome to the forum. Lowell has helped me out a few times too and is always ready to help a fellow Mark II owner, as we all are here also.

If you have any pictures of your car, we'd love to see them. Your car (2450) is three before mine (2453)

Barry Wolk
12-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Lowell refuses to come into this century. While he has a computer, he has no e-mail address and doesn't surf, at all. He only uses it for word processing.

I've invited him to join us twice, yet he refuses. He doesn't know what he's missing.

Welcome to the site, newbie from Iowa.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/ttiwwop-1.gif

Phil Gevertz
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Lowell helped me quite a bit with a broken trunk lock earlier this year. He worked directly with the body shop to solve the problem. For his time (and my appreciation) I sent him a note and $10. It is not much, but meant to show people appreciate him.

lincoln mark
12-23-2009, 08:04 AM
I have talked to Mr. Domholt several times about VIN and engine stampings. I gave him imformation on the phone about all my Mark ll,s 3 I used for parts and the 4 I drive. What a nice man! He was like a kid in a candy store when I mailed him a detailed list of everything number I have. I have to give him a engine stamping on the on I just started on. I will try working on him myself. I will not stop till I have 10 Mark ll,s. I am half way there. Wish me luck.

ochaffard
12-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Harry ... a warm welcome from the crazy "Lincoln & Continental" lovers from France !! ... all together we have 5 x Mark II s here now ... all of them planned to drive down the "Champs-Elysées" avenue by end of coming January !!! ;)

Nick DeSpirito
12-25-2009, 08:31 AM
ochaffard,

Make sure that you post pictures of that here. I walked down the Champs-Elysées to the Arch de Triumph last time I was there. A nice photo would be all five Mark II's underneath the Eiffel Tower.

It would also be nice if you could get all the Mark II's together and caravan to the Palace of Versailles for a day trip.

linmk2
12-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Welcome Harry! Post some photos when you can.