PDA

View Full Version : Hi Ya'll

Janet Rice
11-28-2009, 02:52 PM
My husband found this forum in Hagerty's and wanted me to register. I'm not a car enthusiast but I own a great Mark II that was purchased by me for my deceased father in law. It was his "dream car". A World War II vet, family man, John Wayne type and all round precious man... I had to get it for him. He had it 9 months before a fatal heart attack but it made his last days so happy. I love having it but the real reason is the pleasure it brought him. That and he told me it was a better investment than the stock market. Thanks Poppie...I love you

Shelly Harris
11-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Welcome Janet.... We would love to see pictures of your car if possible. Like yourself, all our members consider the MK II, "a great car". It's interesting that most ladies failed to take to it back in the fifties, but my wife loves riding in ours and says it's "beyond elegant". I hope you enjoy the forum.

Barry Wolk
11-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Luckily, I'm married to a girl with 30 wt coursing through her veins. Start bringing your car to cruises and shows. I think you'll find much more to owning a Mark II than just having a jewel sitting in your driveway.

Post the car's VIN and we'll tell you what we know about it.

However, remember one thing:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/ttiwwop-1.gif

Nick DeSpirito
11-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Welcome Janet,

I would love to see pictures of your Mark II. :)

linmk2
12-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Welcome Janet. Nice to have you here.