PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas

Reggie
11-09-2009, 02:58 PM
I've been a lover of the Mark II for many years and just purchased my first project. It's a 43K mile all original rust free and dent free car. The car has been well preserved with an incredibly preserved interior and white exterior (an original black car) that was done in the 1970s. It has been sitting for a number nor nearly 20 years, but hopefully I can get her back to her fomer glory in the next year or so.

This is my first luxury car as most of my cars are Early Ford V8 cars... 1932-1940. I love the ole flatheads buggy sprung cars, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for these "Late Models". :-)

I'm just here to listen and learn as much as I can. Hopefully I can contribute in some way too.

Chuck Lutz
11-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Reggie,
Welcome to the site and your car looks great. Are those old Calif plates on it?
When you get a chance post the Vin and we might be able to tell you something about the history.
Good luck and feel free to learn with the rest of us.

Barry Wolk
11-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Sweet car. Welcome to the site.

Mad Scientist
11-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Having a rust free or near rust free car is probably the single most important advantage in restoring and old car. Good luck with your project. This is a very unique car.

Whatever problems you might have, someone here will probably have the answer.

Shelly Harris
11-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Welcome Reggie. Glad we were able to get thru that email address mess. Car looks nice. Now that you have a "late model" car you can thrill to the experience of air conditioning and power windows, etc. :)

Doc
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Reggie: Welcome to the forum. It looks like you've got a pretty complete car to begin the restoration process. I'm sure you'll contribute by keeping us all posted on your progress. The plates do look like it's a CA car; that probably explains the minimal rust, etc. By the way, your flatheads are "late models" for me; my Ford is a Model A...

linmk2
11-10-2009, 10:06 PM
From one Texan to another, howdy! Welcome. Good luck on your restoration. A lot of people here can help you with questions.

Nick DeSpirito
11-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Reggie,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with that beauty! Anyway we can help, just ask.