PDA

View Full Version : newest of the new

dgaribay15
10-09-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey everybody, its really great to be a member of the Lincoln continental mark ii forum!!! This is a car that I've been wanting for years and finally got one. this past winter. My only regret is that I wanted this car so much that I purchased it by looking at the pictures of the car only.( I didn't have time to fly across the country) I paid under 20 grand but I probably could of gotten it for a lot less. I've got 647 questions I need to ask and will over time. The end result being that it looks like it just rolled off the assembly line. I am looking forward to chatting everybody to help me make this a reality.

Barry Wolk
10-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Go rent the movie "The Money Pit". My favorite line is "Two more weeks".

Welcome to the site. I think we've got you covered.

Shelly Harris
10-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Welcome... Please post up pictures..... I must correct you... this is the "Continental Mark II Forum" ---forget Lincoln. :)

We're looking forward to answering all those questions.

BTW how did you hear of us or get here?

dgaribay15
10-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the correction. What the heck was I thinking of.

dgaribay15
10-09-2009, 11:08 PM
someone once said " its like throwing money in a hole in the water" Hope the water isn't deep

Nick DeSpirito
10-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Welcome!

Unfortunately, the waters are very deep when it comes to restoring these cars. The parts are scarce and very dear, but the finished product will wipe away the blood, sweat, and tears you may have suffered along the way. If you have any problems or questions during the resto, please ask. Everyone here is more than willing to pitch in and help a fellow Mark II owner. :)

Mad Scientist
10-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Welcome!

I hope you are not an introvert. Because this car does attract attention. :)

I had the garage door open and I just came back in from showing it to some neighbors who were driving by and had to stop and asked if they could take a look at it.:cool:

Chuck Lutz
10-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Welcome to the group and we're glad to have you. It has been said already in various ways but we are here to learn from and help each other.
Good luck with your restore and please post some pictures when you can.

linmk2
10-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Welcome. Do you know your car's "story"? Like other posts have stated, post some pictures when you can.:D

dgaribay15
10-10-2009, 08:12 PM
pics will be coming!!!

Doc
10-11-2009, 02:34 AM
Welcome to the forum. As a relative newcomer myself, I think you'll be shocked, as I have been, by the extraordinary amount of collective information available from the other Mark II owners. You've found the right place.