PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Hello!

Joseph Stebbins
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Hello all-

I just purchased a 57 (C56J3340) It is currently red with a Red and Grey interior. I'm missing some of the lettering on the front and back, have four different tires on it (three are even round!) but it is in good shape and generally all there. I don't know what's in the trunk as I don't have a key but I do have a spare hubcap...

Heres to a new adventure!

Joseph Stebbins

1957 Mark II
1939 Zypher 4dr
1964 Lincoln HT ( + 61 parts car)
1967 Lincoln CV (+ 66 parts car)

1965 Olds Starfire Convertible (+ parts car)

Doc
06-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll find it an invaluable source of Mark II information, as I think we all have. I hope the trunk lock works when you get key for it--getting the trunk open without an operating lock system is not an easy task as has been discussed on a couple of threads. Jack Rosen--Mark II Enterprises--typically has the letters available and is another great source of Mark II information in his own right. Enjoy your new car--it looks to be joining an interesting collection already.

Pat Marshall
06-02-2011, 03:33 PM
3340 History has been posted in the Registry.

Matt Cashion
06-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Welcome aboard---

Joseph Stebbins
06-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you'll find it an invaluable source of Mark II information, as I think we all have. I hope the trunk lock works when you get key for it--getting the trunk open without an operating lock system is not an easy task as has been discussed on a couple of threads. Jack Rosen--Mark II Enterprises--typically has the letters available and is another great source of Mark II information in his own right. Enjoy your new car--it looks to be joining an interesting collection already.

Thanks for the support! I'm leaning towards making it a nice clean Sunday driver - can't see not cruising around is such a beauty. First on the list (after the flat!) is Brakes - to go and not stop is BAD... ABS Disk setup looks interesting then after that on the ignition side I'm leaning toward the Pertronix - I'll be digging into the technical/Resto forum hard...

Thanks!

Joseph

linmk2
06-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Welcome Joseph. Looks like you have a lot of great cars in your stable.

Joseph Stebbins
06-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Welcome Joseph. Looks like you have a lot of great cars in your stable.

First task up is making a bigger stable!