PDA

View Full Version : new member

george smith
09-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Hello
My name is George Smith, I live Mt Laurel NJ exit four of the NJTP, I've been a car collector for 21 years, have had many cars over the years, some I wish I still had, but now every time a buy one I have to add a garage

I have a 57 Lincoln Premiere, 61 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, a 78 Corvette Pace Car, and my new toy is a gold 57 Continental Mark II with 57,000 miles on it, anyone other than me would have put the car in cars shows, but i'm too picky, they have to be as close to a number one as I can get them

If anyone is intersted in checking them out, you can go to our web site and take a look there's a lot of good things on it www.georgeandevesclassicmotorcars.com

My wife is in the mortgage business and could work seven days a week they are so busy, I'm retired from the real estate business and a corporate collection agency that was with my son, that was in southern Flordia, if anyone would like to reach me my email is 57lincoln@comcast.net
I hope to enjoy this site and get to know the other members
George Smith

Barry Wolk
09-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the site, George.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/Junk%20stuff/ttiwwop.gif

Chuck Lutz
09-24-2009, 02:00 PM
George, Good to have you as a new member. Great looking cars! The Mark II looks great as does the rest. I'm actually looking for that 78 vette. Tough to find in the L82/4spd.
Again, welcome and have fun.

Doc
09-24-2009, 02:45 PM
George welcome to the forum from another new member. The cars, including the Mark II, look great, but the empty garage is what really makes me envious. I've got cars in rented garages all over town...it's to the point the cars cost more to keep than they did to purchase.

Barry Wolk
09-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Doc, sound like it's time to buy some commercial property. Cinder-block buildings in older neighborhoods are going for next to nothing here. I'm sitting at my desk, looking at my 5,000 square foot toy chest across the parking lot.

Buy some space and pay yourself rent, instead of others. Buy more than you need. You'll fill it up, guaranteed.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/Garage.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/skates1.jpg

This is where I build stuff.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/IMG_1802.jpg

Nick DeSpirito
09-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Hello
My name is George Smith, I live Mt Laurel NJ exit four of the NJTP, I've been a car collector for 21 years, have had many cars over the years, some I wish I still had, but now every time a buy one I have to add a garage

I have a 57 Lincoln Premiere, 61 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible, a 78 Corvette Pace Car, and my new toy is a gold 57 Continental Mark II with 57,000 miles on it, anyone other than me would have put the car in cars shows, but i'm too picky, they have to be as close to a number one as I can get them

If anyone is intersted in checking them out, you can go to our web site and take a look there's a lot of good things on it www.georgeandevesclassicmotorcars.com

My wife is in the mortgage business and could work seven days a week they are so busy, I'm retired from the real estate business and a corporate collection agency that was with my son, that was in southern Flordia, if anyone would like to reach me my email is 57lincoln@comcast.net
I hope to enjoy this site and get to know the other members
George Smith

Hi George,

Guess I gave you good directions to get here. Welcome!

FYI, George has a beautiful Gold Mark II

Doc
09-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Barry, you're killing me here. Now I'm totally envious, but I suspect commercial property in coastal Southern California, where I am, is a little bit more expensive than in Farmington Hills. In any case, it's certainly beyond my reach at this time, especially if I'm going to continue buying parts for the Mark II. Shoot, we had to help our kids buy a house nearby, just so I could use their garage...then, of course, I had to have a new roof on the garage...and then I had to have the driveway re-paved to get the Mark II over the curb...

Barry Wolk
09-24-2009, 04:39 PM
It never ends.

Ever see the movie, "The Money Pit"?

linmk2
09-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Nice to have you here George, welcome.

Don Henschel
09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Welcome George! A very nice collection indeed!