PDA

View Full Version : New to this and this Forum

Elkton John
05-18-2011, 10:50 AM
I bought a 1956 Mark II last fall C56C2451 it's been sitting forever, first in Texas, then in Del for the last 10 yrs.
I got her to run, BUT no oil up top so I've started to pull the motor and trany for rebuild. Anyway!! just wanted to say HI !:D

Barry Wolk
05-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Love your screen name. Clever.

May not need a rebuild. Check the oil pump drive shaft. It only takes the removal of 3 bolts to remove the external oil pump.

Elkton John
05-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Thanks Berry, but too late. My friend and I are just about to pull the motor; we have everything off the motor front grill off, rad out of the way, and will pull her out this Sat. We still need to dis connect the trany linkage, we haven't even looked at that yet. The car is ALL there, so I'm excited about it, I think I'm crazy though, I'm into hot rods, and this is my first attempt at a re-store, I guess I could have picked something easier and cheaper, But! I found this baby at a Yard sale! and had to buy her! Wish me luck! and I'll be back here for more help I'm sure... anybody want to lend me $100,000 for the restore! lol :)

Pat Marshall
05-18-2011, 12:09 PM
I bought a 1956 Mark II last fall C56C2451 it's been sitting forever, first in Texas, then in Del for the last 10 yrs.
I got her to run, BUT no oil up top so I've started to pull the motor and trany for rebuild. Anyway!! just wanted to say HI !:D

Welcome to the Forum! I'm sure that you will find the members will be very helpful and that this is a great Mark II resource.

I have posted what I have on your car in the registery history (just do a search for 2451). If you have any other information it will be very helpful (History, Prior Ownership, Engine Number, Body Tag Number, Name on Carpet Hump Nameplate, Complete Specification Number From Door Pillar Plate, etc.)

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Sean Rollins
05-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Only three words for you other than welcome. Pictures, pictures, pictures!:D
Lately it seems that spring yard sale finds are up there with barn finds.

SLK
05-18-2011, 01:46 PM
I think you want to pull the motor and tranny as one unit unless you are sure the transmission is fine.

Hal W May
05-18-2011, 02:18 PM
John: Welcome to the forum-you've found a GOOD place. Goodnatured and extremely helpful.

Barry Wolk
05-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks Berry,

Berry is a fruit. I am not a fruit.;)

thomas
05-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Hello Elkton John, welcome to the junior membership! If you have any questions feel free to email me....Tom:cool: P.S Post some pictures...

Barry Wolk
05-18-2011, 06:07 PM
The object is to post your questions on the site, so all can learn from them. There are no stupid questions.

thomas
05-18-2011, 08:19 PM
:http://www.markiiforum.com/images/smilies/cool.gif