PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Ron Howard
08-28-2009, 12:14 PM
It is raining today. so I will take a few minutes and introduce myself. My name is Ron Howard and I am from Perry, MI. I bought my Mk II about 7years ago after I saw an ad in a local auto trader magazine. I really wasn't looking for a MK II - seeing my interest is mainly prewar cars. The ad appeared over a number of weeks and the car looked interesting, so I made a trip to Ohio to look at it, made an offer and took it home. (By the way, my wife really likes the car:)

In the trunk was alot of paperwork zipped up in a vinyl bag that included photocopies of a Shop Manual, a Buddy Holiday Restorer's Guide and a copy of the Chasis & Body Parts Catalog.

The Mk II is serial C5681068 and according to the Body Specif. Code was made on Aug. 18, 1955. Original color was Black and trim was Deep Red Leather Seat Bsicuits and Med. Gray Leather Seat Bolsters. The car was repainted in 1980 using Imron Silver, but still retains its original trim and Deep Red carpet. It is showing just over 70,000 miles, which the last owner claimed is original miles.

From the paperwork I found, I have pieced together the following history. The owner's manual (not sure if it is orignal to the car) has engraved on its front cover the name "Mrs. E. R. Gardner". In 1980 the car was sold by a man in Las Vegas to man in Florida, around 1988 the car was traded in on a new Lincoln at a small Ohio Ford Dealer where it was put into storage until I purchased the car. The Ford Dealer calmed the car had been driven by Howard Hughes in a flim, but I think the claim was just a sales gimmick.

The car needs alot of attention to make it road worthy again, but it will be worth the effort. I am glad to have found the Forum and look forward to the advice and help of those who have been there before.

Ron

Barry Wolk
08-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Welcome Ron,

You're not too far from me. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Our black Lab, Barclay, came from Perry.

Nick DeSpirito
08-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Welcome Ron. The car looks great in silver. Good luck with it.

linmk2
08-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Welcome. I second it, the silver color looks very nice.

depmike38
08-29-2009, 09:21 PM
:cool:Nice ride