PDA

View Full Version : Dr. George de Giocoechea - new member

Dr George de Goicoechea
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I am the present owner of three Mark II's Continentals, one being a convertible. As a hobby in retirement from my medical device career, I started
to restore them and have gained quite a bid of knowledge about these fine cars in the process. My hobby shop, has now done 5 Mark II's including the ones I own at present, a Mark IV convertible and a Mark V. Thanks to Jack Rosen at Mark II Enterprises, Iverson Motorworks, Shamrock auto trim and others, we can very much cover the whole gamma. My cars are not show cars. They are excellent drivers with a high quality of finish since I like using them, enjoying them, so at times, I have replaced the air conditioning compressor, the vacumm wiper system for an electric alternative, a high capacity alternator in lieu of the original system, an electric ignition conversion. I welcome an enchange of ideas , as well as an expansion of knowledge from whoever to keep these beutiful cars, forever. There were two cars that marked American best in the past: The Mark II and the Cadillac Broughtman. I am proud to join such a selective group.... George

Shelly Harris
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Welcome Dr. George!

Members will be interested in knowing that I bought my Mark II from Dr. George and couldn't be happier. His "hobby shop" in Fla was a real experience. He is a first class man who I'm sure is a terrific addition to our forum membership. BTW he is being to strict when he says his cars are not show cars. They are not concourse 100% original, but they certainly would run away with many trophies at shows.

I

Barry Wolk
07-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Dr. George contacted me when he purchased his white Mark II convertible. I learned from him that there was a person that made 9 of them. I wouldn't mind learning what Dr. George knows about them.