PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning From Washington

Lincmk2
11-04-2010, 09:30 AM
I found this Site thru an e-mail exchange with Ralph about a week ago and am so pleased to have joined today. I bought the $14000 SF CL/ eBay less than $20K Reserve and am now preparing a plan of action I want to Thank those who started this Forum. Iíve already found extremely useful info. Unfortunately my computer skills are lacking (Thatís why I like older cars) but hope soon Iíll get familiar with all this site seems to offer. I noticed a lot of discussion about convertible and wondered if anyone had seen this.

auto.howstuffworks.com/1956-1957-lincoln-continental-mark-29.htm

Barry Wolk
11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the site.

Article is filled with misinformation that came from the owner of the Derham-made car. Won't go into his problems. Suffice it to say that he had some skewed perceptions of the world.

crystal59
11-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I found this Site thru an e-mail exchange with Ralph about a week ago and am so pleased to have joined today. I bought the $14000 SF CL/ eBay less than $20K Reserve and am now preparing a plan of action I want to Thank those who started this Forum. I’ve already found extremely useful info. Unfortunately my computer skills are lacking (That’s why I like older cars) but hope soon I’ll get familiar with all this site seems to offer. I noticed a lot of discussion about convertible and wondered if anyone had seen this.

auto.howstuffworks.com/1956-1957-lincoln-continental-mark-29.htm

We have discussed things already but welcome aboard. These guys know their stuff so feel free to ask. Gary

linmk2
11-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Welcome. However, I'm not too keen on your user name:D. My lawyers will be contacting you shortly.:D Seriously, welcome to the forum even if your user name is very close to mine. I'm sure you will find many useful items of information here.

Pat Marshall
11-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Dear Lincmk2 and Linmk2;

Actually not keen on either of your user names since they were CONTINENTAL MARK II's NOT LINCOLN MARK II's!!!:mad::D

Can I get some AMENS on that!

crystal59
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Dear Lincmk2 and Linmk2;

Actually not keen on either of your user names since they were CONTINENTAL MARK II's NOT LINCOLN MARK II's!!!:mad::D

Can I get some AMENS on that!

Amen. Gary

Barry Wolk
11-07-2010, 03:24 PM
I found myself saying Lincoln when I first got mine.:o Not anymore.

Sean Rollins
11-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Me too. I didn't know any better until I found this site.

Lincmk2
11-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Me too. I didn't know any better until I found this site.

Golly --- Didnít mean to put anyoneís knickers in a twist, Iím aware that Continental was a separate Division. Iíve gotten a lot ofĒ Welcome But- -ď Donít like my plans for my Car, Donít like my ďHandleĒ Dose this mean One More Strike and Iím Out?

Barry Wolk
11-07-2010, 04:53 PM
Um, I think Pat was kidding with you and all I said was to reconsider hot rodding it.

Was there something else?

crystal59
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Golly --- Didn’t mean to put anyone’s knickers in a twist, I’m aware that Continental was a separate Division. I’ve gotten a lot of” Welcome But- -“ Don’t like my plans for my Car, Don’t like my “Handle” Dose this mean One More Strike and I’m Out?

Constructive criticism mixed with love and caring and a keen desire to keep these works of art as original as possible defines my view of this forum. If you feel like you are being picked on, do not become concerned. No harm is meant but sometimes the technical guys become a little too technical. I just changed carbs and one would think I stormed the Bastille. But all in good fun and the most informative place for a Mark II. Only one thing to remember, it is your car and if you want speakers everywhere, Sirius radio installed, radio converted to tubeless am/fm radio as I have done, thats up to you. The whole thing is to enjoy that beautiful car in your way. Gary

Pat Marshall
11-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Sheesh, I was just kidding. That's why I put the big grin on it!:D

crystal59
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Sheesh, I was just kidding. That's why I put the big grin on it!:D

I know that. I was not sure the new member did. I truly feel the way I said and I did not want any new member to have any thoughts or concerns that we sit around and for our daily mental exercise we take pot shots. Gary

Lincmk2
11-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I know that. I was not sure the new member did. I truly feel the way I said and I did not want any new member to have any thoughts or concerns that we sit around and for our daily mental exercise we take pot shots. Gary

EEEEH Gotcha Relax Everybody Just some Junior Member Humor from a Big Dawg in Black Diamond Got an Amen to that?

crystal59
11-07-2010, 06:45 PM
EEEEH Gotcha Relax Everybody Just some Junior Member Humor from a Big Dawg in Black Diamond Got an Amen to that?

Amen and again welcome aboard. Gary

Pat Marshall
11-07-2010, 07:19 PM
.......................amen?

crystal59
11-07-2010, 07:40 PM
.......................amen?

In his last post, it says ' got an amen to that?. Gary

Pat Marshall
11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
I meant that to mean "amen, I think."

crystal59
11-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I meant that to mean "amen, I think."

It was the question mark at the end of your post. Sorry about that. Gary

linmk2
11-08-2010, 08:03 PM
There is a story behind my user name. First, I'm well aware that the Continental Mark II was indeed a separate division. Some other cars during the mid-fifties tried to have separate divisions. There was the Packard and Clipper divisions. Also, Chrysler tried its hand at making the Imperial a stand alone. The reason I use the tag line linmk2 (a line I've used since 1998), when I first tried to get an internet account, the provider I went with, required more that three letters. That left out mk2. I tried Conmk2. That one as already in use. So, I tired linmk2. Bingo! That has been my "handle" for the last 12 years. I have had to use variants over the years at different locations but for the most part, it has serve me well. So yes, I know the Mark is not a Lincoln, but there is reason to my madness.

Lincmk2
11-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Mine came thru searches. If you search for Continental You'll get only those listed as such If you search Lincoln you get everything ! ! as part of my Intro these are a couple of other toys

Barry Wolk
11-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Boys and their toys.:D

crystal59
11-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Mine came thru searches. If you search for Continental You'll get only those listed as such If you search Lincoln you get everything ! ! as part of my Intro these are a couple of other toys

Very nice 58 Coupe. I prefer the 57 and 58 over the 59. Gary

Lincmk2
11-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks Gary I prefered the 57 over 58 Fins were never real Big with me Guess that's why I really like MK II's The Cad was cool and Had good times with it It lives in Sweden now. If I keep and build my MK I'll be looking foward to cruzin' into BC with my Brake and Jail House Rock Disc's

crystal59
11-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks Gary I prefered the 57 over 58 Fins were never real Big with me Guess that's why I really like MK II's The Cad was cool and Had good times with it It lives in Sweden now. If I keep and build my MK I'll be looking foward to cruzin' into BC with my Brake and Jail House Rock Disc's

See you then. Lots of stuff to do here. Gary