PDA

View Full Version : New member

Jaa613
08-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi eveyone:

I just found you today and I'm so happy I did. I don't actually have a Mark II, but my dad does and I could use some information.

Looking forward to hearing your advice and suggestions.

Thanks!

Julie

Shelly Harris
08-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi Julie... glad to have you here.

continentalguy
08-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey Julie!

Always nice to have someone who has a Mark II in the family. If you have any pictures of it that would be cool! I am also one of those kinds of people who loves a Mark II and appreciates that my dad owns one and not me hehe;)

Nick DeSpirito
08-11-2009, 06:23 AM
Welcome Julie.

Barry Wolk
08-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Nice to have you on board, Julie.

Jaa613
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll post some pictures soon. Dad's really proud of it. It's black with red interior - I always tease him that it looks like the "Batmobile".

I'm sure I'll need everyone's advice and suggestions. Dad is not computer literate, so I'll be posting for him.

Julie

Barry Wolk
08-11-2009, 04:58 PM
Get your dad a Mac. We have friends in their 90s that pick it right up.

Once you've tried Mac, you'll never go back.:D

Get him a digital camera while you're at it. It opens up a whole new world. Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg18/barry2952/Junk%20stuff/ttiwwop.gif

Jaa613
08-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks Barry. He has a computer at home, but he's really not interested in learning how to use it, he would rather have me do it. He's like that. Quite a character, my dad.

I used to get out of computer projects by saying "I just don't have time at work dad"......so he bought me a laptop! Which was then proceeded by a crazy conversation of why I couldn't just "go on the computer" when I wasn't yet hooked up with a dsl line, motum, etc. I swear it took years off my life.

He does have a digital camara, but he, of course, has no idea of how to get the pictures off it.

He wasn't always this tech weary, but he had a few small strokes 5 years ago, and while physically he's fine, it really changed his personality. It's easier not to argue with him.

That's why this car was such a great distraction for him. He bought it from the original owner! Car had been garaged forever, and had very low miles on it. It was in pretty good condition, all considered, but it really needed some love. It really took up all of dad's time restoring it and he was absolutely obsessed.

But, now the car is all shiney and new, and he's busy taking it to shows and winning prizes. Only problem is, we live in the northeast, so the good weather months are few.

I posted on the general topic board also, because he has a bunch of spear parts that he bought and has no need for them (part of the obsession). Shelly gave me a great source to find price info, so you'll be seeing some stuff for sale in the near future. I would much rather sell to people on this forum than on ebay (not that I would even know how to do that!).

Thanks again for the welcome! Looking forward to all your expertise.

Julie

linmk2
08-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi Julie: Welcome to the forum. My Mark is black with red interior too. A nice color combo.