PDA

View Full Version : From Brazil

JeanFabricio
11-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi.
I live in Brazil.
I don't have a MK II, but I like the car.
I'm building an old Revell plastic model kit and looking for information about the car, I've found the forum.

I also like Elvis, and Elvis had a Mk II. The perfect match!

If you wanna see my kit, see here:
http://webkits.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/473605871/m/2007001223

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8522/mkii1.jpg

Barry Wolk
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the site. You and Gary should get along well as he is also a huge Elvis fan.

Just don't let him :dead_horse.

Roger Zimmermann
11-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi!

Welcome to this site. I'm also doing a Mark II model; it's just a little bit complicated than yours!
I cannot speak your mother tongue; it seems that the model you are doing is a reissue of the original one. By the way, the Continental was my first model; I was maybe about 15 when I did it, a long time ago. The model you have has many imperfections; I don't remember that I had so many misfits.

Don Keller
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Hello Jean,

Welcome. I hope you will tell us more about yourself and Brazil. I visited Graceland in 1976. Elvis was in Las Vegas, but I talked to his uncle. He was nice and going there was no big deal at that time. I remember that when I was young I had 43 model cars. The real sign of expertise was if any glue showed through the headlights. I had some headlights fall out. I think I have a couple of copies of pictures of Elvis with his Mark II. If you haven't come across them on the internet, I'd be glad to scan them and attach them to an email if you'd like copies. Agian, it's great to have someone from a warm climate on board. You'll find that we have many members from around the world. Good luck with the model.

Don Keller
C56R3838
Jackson, TN

JeanFabricio
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi!
Welcome to this site. I'm also doing a Mark II model; it's just a little bit complicated than yours!
I cannot speak your mother tongue; it seems that the model you are doing is a reissue of the original one. By the way, the Continental was my first model; I was maybe about 15 when I did it, a long time ago. The model you have has many imperfections; I don't remember that I had so many misfits.

Hi Roger.

Yes, it's a reissue from 1995 of the original 1956 kit. There's a lot of imperfections, but I have time.

I know your wonderfull metal models.
I told my friends at the same brazilian plastic model forum about it:
http://webkits.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/473605871/m/5507079123

They loved your work! Me too! Congratulations!

Roger Zimmermann
11-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi Roger.

Yes, it's a reissue from 1995 of the original 1956 kit. There's a lot of imperfections, but I have time.

I know your wonderfull metal models.
I told my friends at the same brazilian plastic model forum about it:
http://webkits.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/473605871/m/5507079123

They loved your work! Me too! Congratulations!
Hi Jean

After Austalia, England and other countries, now Brazil! Thank you for showing my modest work to other people. Just a small detail: both the Toronado and Avanti have a body made with polyester. How I will do the Mark II body? No decision up to now!

Barry Wolk
11-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Flat-stock brass will pretty much take car of the sides.:D

Roger Zimmermann
11-02-2010, 03:19 AM
Flat-stock brass will pretty much take car of the sides.:D
Oh yes! This is the reason why the body may be made with brass. The hood and trunk will be more difficult, but not the roof. By the way, the trunk lid of the Avanti is not in polyester, but brass. Therefore, I have some experience with body panels in brass, even if it was more than 30 years ago!

JeanFabricio
11-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Hello Jean,

Welcome. I hope you will tell us more about yourself and Brazil. I visited Graceland in 1976. Elvis was in Las Vegas, but I talked to his uncle. He was nice and going there was no big deal at that time. I remember that when I was young I had 43 model cars. The real sign of expertise was if any glue showed through the headlights. I had some headlights fall out. I think I have a couple of copies of pictures of Elvis with his Mark II. If you haven't come across them on the internet, I'd be glad to scan them and attach them to an email if you'd like copies. Agian, it's great to have someone from a warm climate on board. You'll find that we have many members from around the world. Good luck with the model.

Don Keller
C56R3838
Jackson, TN

Don, I just can't imagine what is visit Graceland when Elvis was still alive... waht a feeling!!!
About me... well... my english is terrible! :D:D:D:D:D
I'm 38 years old, psychologist (Ph.D), married, no children, 3 dogs. I like tube radios from RCA and a lot of vintage stufs.
I like classic cars (Mk II, '55 Chevy, 50-57 VW Bug an Bus in specialy), but I have no money to have one classic car. So, I build model kits! :D:D:D:D

About Brazil I can tell you, with all shure: DON'T BELIEVE IN ALL YOU SEE OR READ ABOUT BRAZIL! Don't believe Brasil (with the "S" is the correct) is only Rio de Janeiro (argh!), samba (argh!), Pele (argh!) or "carnaval" (argh!).
Yes, we have problems like any other country, but we have some amazing things: amazonia, tropical weather, no racial problems, no religion problems, no war problems, a huge water reserve and a lot of hydroelectrics. But we have poverty and corruption.
Sunday "we" choose our president: 106.606.214 voters and only 3 hours to count the votes from the "eletronic" voting machine, with no mistake!

Well, that's it.
If you or any other forum colegue wish to ask something about Brasil, "just do it"! :D:D

Barry Wolk
11-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't believe everything that's written about America, either.

I'm thinking we could use a female President, too. I'm personally tired of all the saber rattling.

linmk2
11-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here. I too enjoy model cars. Some I've put together, some are diecast. And some, well, I paid too much for. Oddly, with the model cars I have, none are Mark II's. I need to fix that someday. Anyway glad you found this forum, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

crystal59
11-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the site. You and Gary should get along well as he is also a huge Elvis fan.

Just don't let him :dead_horse.

Dont tempt me you guys. I am still hurting over Elvis. Gary

crystal59
11-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Hello Jean,

Don Keller
C56R3838
Jackson, TN

You are now a hero of mine. You talked to Vester guarding the gate. That is so cool. Gary

Don Keller
11-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Gary,

That was him. My family, myself and Vester were the only ones there. He talked with me and took me in an open vehicle around the circular drive and told me about things that I don't remember. He looked alot like Elvis and Vernon with very thick grey hair. He reminded me a great deal of some of my own relatives. He was very down to earth. Things were much less commercialized then and simpler. Perhaps our memories are our most important posessions.

Don

JeanFabricio
11-03-2010, 05:26 AM
Don't believe everything that's written about America, either.

I don't! I have a sister who lives in Orlando/FL since 1996...

I'm thinking we could use a female President, too. I'm personally tired of all the saber rattling.

Well... our new president... what can I say... in the 70s she was a terrorist, robbed banks, kidnapped people... Obama said about our president, Lula, "he's the man". Well, no, he's not the man. He's semi-illiterate, proud for not having studied beyond the second degree (equivalent to high school). He drinks a lot and lies a lot. BUT he gives the poorest people in many financial facilities, a true welfare. Our female president was elected because of his popularity among the poor that he has. People with higher education did not vote on it in the majority. As you can see, I don't vote her.

Pat Marshall
11-03-2010, 10:25 AM
I thought Uncle Vester was really great on the Addams Family, too!

Barry Wolk
11-03-2010, 10:48 AM
That's punny.

Pat Marshall
11-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Fangsarot!

Don Keller
11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Barry,

That was uncle Fester with an F. Just look on the nameplate.

Don Keller
C56R3838
Jackson, TN

Barry Wolk
11-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Dont tempt me you guys. I am still hurting over Elvis. Gary

Gary, I'm not anti-Elvis. Feel free to discuss the man and his Mark II. Just keep your conspiracy theories to yourself until you have some tangible proof, that's all. In my opinion, your theories make Ford look very bad, and that's not fair with no proof, now is it?

Pat Marshall
11-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Naaaaaaaaaaaah!

You're thinking of Fester Haggen on Gunsmoke!

Barry Wolk
11-03-2010, 03:54 PM
That was Chester, wasn't it?

Pat Marshall
11-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Next one after Chester!

Barry Wolk
11-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Fester followed Chester? Where was I? What happened to Chester?

Pat Marshall
11-03-2010, 04:26 PM
His leg healed and he got a better gig singing with the Jordanaires.

Barry Wolk
11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
:) :) :) :) :)

crystal59
11-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Gary,

That was him. My family, myself and Vester were the only ones there. He talked with me and took me in an open vehicle around the circular drive and told me about things that I don't remember. He looked alot like Elvis and Vernon with very thick grey hair. He reminded me a great deal of some of my own relatives. He was very down to earth. Things were much less commercialized then and simpler. Perhaps our memories are our most important posessions.

Don

The memories are right up there near the top on the love list. Gary