PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Black56Markii
08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Hello all,

Glad to see a forum dedicated to this wonderful machine. I bought my Mark ii last November, after seeing it posted for sale locally. I've owned a couple 67 chevelle's, a 69 charger, and currently own a 67 GTO as well. I tell everyone that the lincoln is the best car I've ever owned and would not trade it for a thing. That being said, my car is a project, it runs and drives exceptionally well minus a slight hesitation pressing on the gas. The majority of my repairs will be involved with body and paint, you'll notice in my picture (attached) that there is rust around the lower rocker moldings... The story goes that my 56 was owned by the president of Caterpiller, this would seem fitting as my key chain has a "Peoria" lincoln tag on it.
My car has A/C however it does not work, I'm sure it will all need to be gone through. The air blows but it's not cold. I love that you can drive down the road at 70 with the windows down, and have a normal conversation with your passenger, I've never driven anything like it. I look forward to the restoration and hopefully can document it with this forum as I go along.

Thanks!

Ty Looney
C56K3383

Barry Wolk
08-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Welcome, Ty. I must say, you have good automotive taste.

Jim Rohn
08-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Please remember that these are Continentals, NOT Lincolns ... :)

Black56Markii
08-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Ahh yes, I have to correct everyone that asks me about the "Lincoln" and I let it slip... Figures.

Shelly Harris
08-09-2009, 10:35 PM
To some degree all of us are in the process of keeping our cars in shape. If there isn't something to be done then it isn't a Mark II. We welcome your documenting the adventure in which we are all engaged.

Nick DeSpirito
08-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Welcome to the group, Ty. Your car looks great.

linmk2
08-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Welcome. Please keep us updated on your progress.

depmike38
08-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice ride. Welcome to the site