PDA

View Full Version : New Member-Jimmer

Jimmer
09-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Everyone, I am a new member to the site and am looking for information on a 56 Mark II. It is my Uncle's who has owned the car for 50 years and has probably been under restoration for 30 years. LOL! I have assumed responsibility of the car for restoring or selling. Unfortunately my Uncle is no longer able to work on the car. Any information you can share on this car, from the history, to the mechanics, to the sales price, etc. would be greatly appreciated. The car was recently painted but sat outside for five years. Before that the car was in my Uncles shop for 35 years. I know the frame emroned, drive train was gone through. It is a roller with drive train in it. Just needs to be finished. Interior is original. Serial number is C5691388. Don't know if the owners club is aware of this car. Again any information is apprecaited. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Jimmer

Jimmer
09-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Testtesttest

Barry Wolk
09-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi Jimmer. Finish it. It will be worth a lot more finished.

If you're trying to sell it it will have to be posted in the Marketplace and it must have a price on it. You won't get any bites without pictures.

I'll move this to the New Member section.

Jimmer
09-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Thank you so much, I appreciate your help. Would you happen to know how I can get a history on the serial number?

Thanks,
Jimmer

Barry Wolk
09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Sure, look for the Mark II data base in the Documents section. It's an early car, likely an Introductory Unit.

Doc
09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
Jimmer - Welcome. Your car is listed in the Database, but simply as a Ford car--i.e. it was apparently an "introductory unit" (oops, I see Barry beat me to the punch as I was composing this). The early cars often have very limited information available, but prodction orders are available for some of them. Chances are your uncle knows more about its history than you could find any other way if he's had it since it was only a few years old.

If you're looking to sell it, chances are the missing information won't effect its value (as it apparently wasn't a "celebrity car"). Barry is correct, a finished car is always worth more than a project car--although, ironically, often not as much more as it cost to finish them. In either case, put up some photos in the Marketplace section and the Forum will be happy to offer some opinions on its apparent value.

Jimmer
09-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Pete,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will post some pictures of the car later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Jimmer

rfm45
09-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Jimmer,

I'd be interested in seeing the pictures of your car. You may have too much to post here, so please send them to me directly at rfm45@optonline.net Also, please include a contact number and convenient time to call.

Ralph Messina
Bridgewater, NJ

Pat Marshall
09-30-2010, 08:57 PM
????????????????

Barry Wolk
09-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Me, too.

Guess Ralph wants a jump on the project. That's cool, I guess.

rfm45
09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Gentlemen,

Iím confused by the posts following my reply to Jimmer. Patís ď??????Ē and Barryís comments. I didnít see anyone else respond to him. Iím sorry if I missed some elseís expression of interest. However, Iím actively looking for a MK II. I wasn't trying to "cut in line".

Ralph Messina
Bridgewater, NJ

crystal59
09-30-2010, 10:42 PM
I have no idea what is going on here and I know I am not alone on this. Everything made sense until the comment about redirecting the photos. Should not this be in Mark IIs for sale if that is what is going on. Gary

rfm45
09-30-2010, 11:47 PM
Jimmer,

Iíll take the blame for reading into the first few posts that you might be interested in a value for sale. As I noted, Iím actively seeking to buy a MK II and would be interested in pictures. I find most posted photos donít allow for great detail because of pixel posting limitations and asked that you send me pictures directly. On second reading of the posts I see youíre interested in any available history. Your Chassis , C5691388, is listed in the registry as having been delivered or assigned to FOMOCO, Continental Div. It shows the build characteristics as Deep Bronze paint with Medium Beige Biscuits and Welt with White Bolsters.

Sorry for any confusion.

Ralph Messina
Bridgewater, NJ

Don Keller
09-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Ralph,

I'm just a member, but I believe the concern is that it's Forum policy not to offer a part or car for sale without a specific price being asked. This being done to avoid turning the Forum into a bidding platform. I'm learning the rules because I keep breaking them unintentionally. If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure one of the moderators will correctly state the policy. Good luck with your search.

Don Kelller
C56R3838

crystal59
10-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Hi Ralph. Please look at Pat Marshals post about a Mark II for sale by Fred for 25,000 or best offer. I do not know the car and I have emailed him for interior photos and no response. I have the feeling that Fred may not be computer literate and there is a phone number. Just a thought. Gary

rfm45
10-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Gary,

Thanks. I followed up when Pat posted it, but have not heard from Fred yet.

Ralph Messina
Bridgewater, NJ

crystal59
10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi Jimmer and Ralph. Do not be shook up about messing up sometimes on this forum. As the moderators will be able to tell you, it happens to me all the time. Makes things interesting. Regards. Gary

Mad Scientist
10-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Jim are you the Jim that followed my Mark as I drove through Bensenville the other day?:confused:

Pat Marshall
05-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi Everyone, I am a new member to the site and am looking for information on a 56 Mark II. It is my Uncle's who has owned the car for 50 years and has probably been under restoration for 30 years. LOL! I have assumed responsibility of the car for restoring or selling. Unfortunately my Uncle is no longer able to work on the car. Any information you can share on this car, from the history, to the mechanics, to the sales price, etc. would be greatly appreciated. The car was recently painted but sat outside for five years. Before that the car was in my Uncles shop for 35 years. I know the frame emroned, drive train was gone through. It is a roller with drive train in it. Just needs to be finished. Interior is original. Serial number is C5691388. Don't know if the owners club is aware of this car. Again any information is apprecaited. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Jimmer

Jim, I'd like to post the history of your car in the Registery. But you know the history for the last 50 years and posting it as 1960-2011 Jim's Uncle's Car just doesn't seem right. Could you tell us a little more?. Also the engine number, the complete Spec code and the Body Tag Number (if any) would help us complete the info. Thanks