PDA

View Full Version : 1836 Pretty cool thing (Burris of Essex)

JohnC
01-29-2023, 12:26 PM
So, a couple of weeks ago I got a copy of my Dealer invoice from Pat Marshall thru Facebook

I live about 20 minutes from the address on the invoice and took a ride there just see the address and see whats there. Just a beat up warehouse but you can still kinda see the
"Burris of Essex Co" painted on the brick.

28230 28231 28232

Just thought it was a neat thing to post

Shelly Harris
01-29-2023, 01:54 PM
That is neat..... Our cars seem to travel long distances between it's past owners...

Shelly

So, a couple of weeks ago I got a copy of my Dealer invoice from Pat Marshall thru Facebook

I live about 20 minutes from the address on the invoice and took a ride there just see the address and see whats there. Just a beat up warehouse but you can still kinda see the
"Burris of Essex Co" painted on the brick.

28230 28231 28232

Just thought it was a neat thing to post

Llfordman
01-29-2023, 07:50 PM
Very cool, John. Each little bit of detail of our cars past is fun to learn.

Knickoliss Iv
01-31-2023, 09:27 AM
That is great. Cool to think your car was there so many years ago. The day the truck arrived. The moments when the owner took delivery. Thanks for sharing!

Keith W Colonna
02-05-2023, 11:44 AM
To see that shuttered building brings tears. Was that an automotive dealership in Newark, NJ? What did the customer, Mr. Sloane do professionally that he could afford such a car?

linmk2
02-05-2023, 09:50 PM
Thanks for sharing. So many dealership buildings have long since been torn down. In my city all the old dealerships were in the downtown area. Most are gone. The Chevrolet dealership is now some sort of warehouse. The Chrysler/Plymouth building still stands, but is empty. The Buick dealership houses an oil disposal business. While I've not been around there for a long time, in the concrete by one of the entrances the old Buick logo was embedded in the cement. Not sure if the logo is still there. The Pontiac, Ford, Lincoln/Mercury and Studebaker dealership have long been torn down. My city's downtown area is pretty much dead.

Don Henschel
03-07-2023, 10:58 PM
As per Google Maps I put in the address of the original dealership of my C56K3391 and the building is still there but went through a few different businesses and if memory serves the dealership didn't last long after mine was sold at it. Sometimes if you know the location of the dealership and Google it, information can possibly come up.
It is a bit more than 20 minutes to head down to Albuquerque New Mexico from Central Saskatchewan.

Don Henschel
03-07-2023, 11:09 PM
I entered the address into Google and this is what I ended up with. Likely it is the same building.