PDA

View Full Version : auto transport recommendation to Lincoln Centennial Celebration this August

Keith W Colonna
07-05-2022, 08:56 AM
Hello Group,
I am attending the Lincoln Centennial in Dearborn starting August 7th. My plan is to have a MKII transported there, attend tours and perhaps drive the 12 hour trip back to Norfolk, Virginia over 2 days at the end of that week.
Can anyone recommend an auto transport company for this job?. I think I want enclosed and a single/double trailer, not a multi vehicle rig. I have done some cursory reasearch through a broker out of Boca Raton, FL. I'm shopping for a safe and timely delivery first and foremost.
Thanks,
Keith Colonna
Norfolk, VA
757-287-7810 mobile

Barry Wolk
07-05-2022, 09:02 AM
My shop is fewer than 10 miles from the site. You can use it as a staging area.

Mark II Seeker
07-05-2022, 01:31 PM
Keith,

I used The Colonel's Choice out of central New Jersey when I needed to transport my Mark II to events. I never used a broker to arrange transport as I heard too many horror stories. You can contact Colonel Ken Baker at 609-462-4846 to see if he may be able to help you. He may remember me and my black Mark II. He would pick up my car in the Washington Crossing or Yardley area in Pennsylvania.
I'd also consider some of the Classic auto transporters advertised in Hemmings. You will need to have short term storage in Dearborn and either meet the transporter yourself or a trusted designee to meet the car upon arrival at your designation.

I hope you have good luck with this. I found out the hard way that it's very difficult to attend other than very local events without a trailer, tow car etc.

Shelly Harris
07-05-2022, 02:41 PM
Now that I'm fully retired I would be there in a heart beat, if only the A/C was working.

Keith W Colonna
07-06-2022, 08:56 AM
Thanks Barry, I'll touch bases when I get closer to that date. The Dearborn Inn has agreed to let me drop the car there if I've arrived already to receive it.
Thanks Brian, I called The Colonel Baker, but he's booked up that time frame. I'm getting quotes from a broker thus far, but prefer personal contacts.
Shelly, Fix the AC....I just got the last rebuilt compressor on the shelf at MKII Enterprizes and am now waiting to hear back from Classic Auto Air to see when they can rebuild my spare core. My other unit leaked from the bottom/bracket gasket. It would have been a simple repair but I couldn't diagnose the problem until it was removed and needed an immediate replacement.