PDA

View Full Version : Another Mark ll lover

Sean Rollins
09-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi everyone. I have been becoming addicted to this site for a while now, as I had almost thought I would be on my own in findind info on the Mark ll. My father bought this one in '58 and over the years it went from being used as a truck to haul stuff to a cabin in the 60's to a dust collector from the mid 70's to 80's. I have had a love affair with it all my life, but have honestly never seen another one in person yet! Dad told me he wants me to have it and is almost as happy watching me enjoy it as I am to do just that. I DO know how lucky I am. She is an un-restored survivor car with 63750 miles, and is polishing up quite well. The paint was redone in the early 60's after a minor accident caused the windsheild to pop out and scrape everything forward of it up. Looking forward to seeing some of the members cars whenever possible.
I put some pics in my album, but am not sure how to link it to here.

vancec
09-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Welcome! Can't wait to see your pics.

Shelly Harris
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Welcome! Can't wait to see your pics.

Vancec:

To see the pictures in Sean's album you 1) move your mouse cursor to Sean's name and click 2) click the "public profile" link 3) a window will open with the public profile and you will see his album which you click.

Doc
09-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Sean - Wow, a remarkably nice "survivor" - thanks for sharing the pictures. I do note that you've got the classic unrestored Mark II steering wheel in its peculiar light green color with the associated cracks. Welcome to the club! :D I also notice that the emblem in the center of the wheel hub looks similar to mine--discolored with brown stains that look almost like water damage. I've tried to encourage Jack Rosen to reproduce that piece; I suspect alot? most? of us could use a new emblem for our steering wheels. It's in his plans, but he's apparently got a back log of other higher priority plastic molds to do first.

Sean Rollins
09-09-2010, 09:30 PM
I am finding the small highly detailed trim pieces particularilly frustrating. I fear that if I get anywhere near aggressive in cleaning them I will damage them and they won't look as good as they are "dirty". I too would love that piece to be available. Thanks for the comment.

Chuck Lutz
09-11-2010, 11:50 AM
Sean welcome to the Forum and the car looks great. Almost the same as mine. Mine was originally #15 Med Blue and somewhere along the line got changed to #04 Pastoral Blue. It was a quality repaint so I'm inclined to get all twisted about it. Frankly, I like the "Robin's Egg" look of it.
Our Database/Registry has ownership and Bill and Rita listed. Should that be change to you or not. We'll also note you as a MKIIF member on the Registry.
By the way.. in your profile the car VIN should be C56C2591.
Again, welcome and enjoy the group.

linmk2
09-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Welcome. Really glad you joined us.