PDA

View Full Version : Dome light switch

JohnC
03-23-2022, 05:39 AM
Hi All,

I have few questions on this switch. I saw the description in the owners manual but its a little vague. When you open the door, does the dome light and the courtesy lights come on? Is the light switch in the center position for this use? Once the door is closed then moving the switch down for courtesy light and up for dome light to work? These lights will work with the car off? Any finally...I don't have this switch so I will take any aftermarket one for now if anyone has installed one that looks pretty good.

Thanks again all

Barry Wolk
03-23-2022, 06:54 AM
If I remember correctly it’s a specialty switch, maybe 3-pole. You should be able to tell by the wiring diagram. They are likely available. The dome light has is own switch. If I remember correctly the power runs there first through the harness on the driver’s side.

lld
03-23-2022, 05:12 PM
John,

I had some questions a long time ago. Look at this link, I think it will answer some/all of your questions

https://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?8901-very-simple-question-on-dome-light-in-the-headliner&highlight=dome

Larry

JohnC
03-23-2022, 07:24 PM
John,

I had some questions a long time ago. Look at this link, I think it will answer some/all of your questions

https://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?8901-very-simple-question-on-dome-light-in-the-headliner&highlight=dome

Larry

Awesome.....thats what I needed....what do you think my chances are of finding the actual switch or am I going to have to go aftermarket?

Graham Rollo
03-24-2022, 04:35 AM
Try Mark II enterprises as they have also wrecked quite a few Mark II, regards Graham

JohnC
03-24-2022, 07:15 PM
I read through all these posts a bunch of times...great info....so to be clear...when the switch under the dash is in the center position and the slider all the way left and you open the door the dome light and courtesy light should come on. The switch on the dash basically works the dome light (up) and courtesy light (down) once the door is closed. Is that right?

Graham Rollo
03-28-2022, 04:01 AM
25755when, under dash switch is in center position & interior light switch slider is to the left the dome lights & interior come on when doors open & go out when doors shut, switch under dash in up position with doors shut the dome lights come on, switch under dash in down position with doors shut the interior light comes on with the slider in left position. slider in right position interior light stays on. Interior light can be switch off with slider in middle position

JohnC
03-28-2022, 07:38 PM
25755when, under dash switch is in center position & interior light switch slider is to the left the dome lights & interior come on when doors open & go out when doors shut, switch under dash in up position with doors shut the dome lights come on, switch under dash in down position with doors shut the interior light comes on with the slider in left position. slider in right position interior light stays on. Interior light can be switch off with slider in middle position

Perfect...Thanks...I located the stock switch thru Mark II Enterprises along with a bunch of other misc. small electric parts I'm missing