PDA

View Full Version : Australian new member

Bill Noach
08-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Shelly, thanks for welcome, i am in Australia and have been involved in mid 50,s 60,s fords since 1st car. Have allways owned 56 ford model of some style and have 56 sunliner, 56 mkii lin, 60 mkv conv, 66 cyclone conv,57 ranchero, A model hotrod and recently sold my 64 continental conv. Time is marching on and things seem either harder to do or just take longer,
I noticed reply from your registrar? to guy selling mkii on ebay and he came forth with original sales history of car, i had originally tried Jack Rosen but only came up with dealer order from lincoln, which was useless. I wonder if you could help with any info on my car, Vin C56I 3296. I brought it in CA about 5 yrs back, it has A/C but no R/quarter air vent ducts like 57, i,m guessing it has the 1st of the 57 body shells? Sorry to be so long winded but love these cars. best regards bill.

Barry Wolk
08-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi Bill, only the early '56 cars had the "nostrils". I think they are the most beautiful detail on the car.

Look in our database for your serial number.

Welcome to the site.

Bill Noach
08-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Barry, thanks for warm reply, i would like to acess data base you describe but cant find link to it. I have often wondered how the 444 ? 57 mkii,s were identified. With my limited knowledge here i was told they had carter carb instead of holley 4000, and the Vin plate still starts with C56? i guess with high vin #. Just allways been curious. thank you. regards bill. :confused:

Barry Wolk
08-31-2010, 04:55 PM
All of them started with C56 as the car was supposed to be a continuation model, not a year specific model. Some of the changes were rolling changes such as the removal of the air intakes in the rear fenders.

The big changes for '57 was a higher compression motor making 300 hp instead of 285. The carb was different as was the air cleaner and the distributor. The trans was upgraded, too. The '57 model has a 120mph speedo and the '56 has a 140mph unit.

I believe that the later cars were made with more interior vinyl instead of leather, but that's about the only differences.

Here's the database.

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?t=470

Bill Noach
08-31-2010, 05:08 PM
Barry, i did find the data base, thank you, i had saved the registration page to my favourites and now have saved home page where the info is listed, silly me! I did find my VIN # with no info so will forward what i have to add to data. I see some have the little licence plate bumperettes? was this an option or model particular. One thing i found is the incredibley hard to get at things like the wiper cable mechanism and dash parts for such a great car, mine work thank goodness. . I allways think they were trying to over design a revolutionary new model in short time and just hurried things with little thought to practability?. best regards bill.

Barry Wolk
08-31-2010, 05:28 PM
I don't think they really expected these cars to be around 55 years later.

Pat Marshall
08-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Bill, Welcome to the Forum.

The bumper guards were used on cars that had a front license plate (license plate frame, upper and lower guards). Cars shipped to states that did not have front license plates generally did not receive those features.

Bill Noach
08-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Pat, thats sure something i,d never have thought of! thanks for reply! regards bill.

linmk2
08-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Welcome Bill! Nice to have you here. Most of us are from "down under" too. Wait, I meant to say down under our Marks trying to work on them. All kidding aside, its great to have you here. Hope you can post some photos soon.