Going from memory, which might be
1. install radio if not already in place.
2. install carpet over transmission tunnel.
3. make sure all control cables work smoothly.
4. are any of the control panel light burned out? As now would be a real good time to replace them.
5. mount radio speaker and grill if not already in place.
6. casually place console into place by applying a sufficient quantity of four letter words. As I recall there is a tab on the top of the transmission tunnel that the console needs to lifted up and over, I believe (?) that there were a couple mounting screws in it to hold the bottom of the console in place.
7. install three (?) screws to mount top of console to dash.
8. reach through access hole on drivers side and find the wire coming from the speaker and blindly fumble around the back of the radio to find the socket that it plugs into. Oh and you did remember to replace that speaker wire otherwise you will probably notice that its insulation is crumbling in your hand.
Also don't forget to connect the wire from the rear speaker.
9. plug the radio's two power leads into their correct harness wires. You did mark them, right.
10. put the side access cover on.
11. take a break and go do something else for awhile.