Thread: Did you find the Mark II or did it find you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Found me

My father had a number of cars when they decided to downsize and move. I volunteered to care for any orphans, but I guess he felt I had enough with 7 cars already. The Mark II ended up at my sisters along with a 66 Continental Convertible. After visiting her and getting both running, they must have felt I was interested and when I got married, they shipped the Mark II to me as a wedding present. I'm headed back to her place in a couple weeks to see if I can sweet talk her into sending me the 66 as well.
    Ben Kline
    Bloomingdale, NY
    1956 Continental Mark II C56G3133
    1961 MG Midget
    1987 Corvette Convertible
    1992 BMW K75S

Quote Originally Posted by SLK View Post
    My father had a number of cars when they decided to downsize and move. I volunteered to care for any orphans, but I guess he felt I had enough with 7 cars already. The Mark II ended up at my sisters along with a 66 Continental Convertible. After visiting her and getting both running, they must have felt I was interested and when I got married, they shipped the Mark II to me as a wedding present. I'm headed back to her place in a couple weeks to see if I can sweet talk her into sending me the 66 as well.
    That's a great story, Ben. Thanks for sharing. Lucky You!
    Russell Chilton