Thread: Seat buttons.

Default Seat buttons.

There was a discussion when my car was getting judged at its only LCOC meet 18 years ago. Two of the judges disagreed that the then, Bill Blass-looking, interior was improper because the buttons were the color of the welts, not the bolster. Over the ensuing years I've seen a number of interiors like that, but I don't know if they were original after 60+ years.

Is there a way to search the data-base to determine if cars were actually produced that way, and how many? I really didn't care for that treatment and had it upholstered in a more traditional manner.

Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

I've asked Ralph Messina, to check his data bases about this.

Years ago when Barry first mentioned the button issue, I asked Mark II Guru, Lowell Domholdt, about this. Lowell was a longtime LCOC judge and major contributor to the LCOC Authenticity Manual and the Mark II Encyclopedia.

Lowell said that he never deducted points for this. His belief was that Continental was very flexible about finishing Mark II's and would trim cars however a buyer wanted them done. He said that if a car was trimmed in a manner that Continental could have done, he would not deduct points.

I like that treatment and have finished my 1494 that way.

I just received this information from Ralph Messina -

3107; Sp Lt blue iridescent paint; 2A6C with deep blue buttons

3333; D22; 1Q10N with black buttons

3360; 14; 1P11W with black buttons on doors

3743; 14; 1P11W with white buttons on doors and welt around biscuits

So, Barry, the judges were incorrect!
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 10-11-2021 at 12:05 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH