Thread: LED Headlights

Default LED Headlights

Hi all.... getting ready to wrap up 1911's work.... one of my 6012 headlights is cracked so it is time to replace.... I will be driving at night so I guess an upgrade is in order. I do not want to increase load and would like to improve brightness. I have been searching for an LED retrofit but cant seem to get a direct replacement for the 6012 or 6014. Also, I want a glass lens. Any leads to LEDS?
    Skip Duke
    C56B1911

Yes, I have them and I hate them. Couldn't see anything in the fog around Pebble Beach. I especially dislike the ones that look like LEDs. They all take a scatter-shot approach to lighting. Most just blind oncoming traffic and get you the driver's salute.

Stock headlights are OK, if you make sure they are properly grounded and that they are getting full voltage. There are a number of connections that could dim the headlights, including the headlamp switch. It's prudent to do a voltage check every step of the way to make sure the headlights are getting full-voltage. I spent 40 years in the lighting business and low voltage is the bane of all lighting.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126