Thread: Henry Ford was not a Lincoln man.

Default Henry Ford was not a Lincoln man.

I’ve been reading and going down rabbit holes and from what I understand, Henry Ford was not a Lincoln man. 2022 marks the 100th year Lincoln was acquired by Ford motor company and it was his son Edsel who spearheaded the acquisition of Lincoln to deal with the downward spiral of the Model T due to Henrys refusal to update it. Henry Ford in all actuality, was a terrible person and for many reasons I dont care to expound on. He seemed to hate anything that wasnt his way or wasnt a model T and even his own son Edsel for that matter. I could only speculate how he would feel about our Mark IIs. Here is the rabbit hole I am now going down. Henry Ford died April 7 1947. I was born April 7 1980. Other than that, we would be polar opposites. I actually hate 4 cylinder engines with a passion but of course Henry loved them. Henry thought the Model T was the perfect car and often mumbled on his death bed about the regret of making cars that the public wanted. I think the MarkII was the one car that the Ford motor company got perfectly right. Anyway, all facts and feelings aside, its a very interesting thought that the vehicles we love so much was barely tolerated by the man who put America on wheels. Thank god his kids didn’t listen to him lol! Interesting what you find out sometimes.
    Last edited by Milsteads Garage; 09-30-2021 at 09:28 PM.
    Morgan Milstead
    C5691157

But Henry Ford did provide one of my best loved quotes about product development for the public consumer which I think goes "If I'd asked what they wanted they'd have said a faster horse"

Having hit the jackpot with the Model T unfortunately he didn't think anything after that could compare.
    Mark Norris
    C56G3186
    1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series V Vantage
    1951 C-type Jaguar (alloy replica)
    1934 Lagonda M45 Tourer