Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source for Blower Motors

Sometimes a little bit of oil is doing wonders as I experienced it yesterday on a heater motor I'm never using.
    Roger

Mine are in pieces, deteriorated wiring for sure, and I don't know what else. I would like to learn how to rebuild them, but at the same time also want to find replacements.

I have a couple non-operating seat and window motors. I'll try whacking and oiling them as suggested.
    C.J. Larrick

Quote Originally Posted by C.J. Larrick View Post
    Mine are in pieces, deteriorated wiring for sure, and I don't know what else. I would like to learn how to rebuild them, but at the same time also want to find replacements.

I have a couple non-operating seat and window motors. I'll try whacking and oiling them as suggested.
    I've not had much luck rebuilding them, myself. If memory serves me you can only oil one end of the motor. It has to come apart to oil the other end. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm led to believe that lubricants (grease especially) has a mineral component and a petroleum derivative that evaporates over time basically leaving you with clay. I've also had a problem replacing brushes as the soldering process leaves the normally flexible wire lead too rigid. Also, the spiral-ground shafts raise a burr that wrecks the bore in the gear box it goes into. Hoe ro you remove the burr before removing the shaft.

There is a combining of wires that makes the motors run. It's common for all Ford motors. I just don't remember what it is. It would be helpful if someone posted a tutorial on testing motors out of the car.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126