Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealers Book now on Ebay

Default Dealers Book now on Ebay

This is a rare dealers Book with carpet, leather, leather and paint samples. I am guessing this is the 1956 edition.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1956-Lincol...-127632-2357-0
    John Snoddy

His opening bid of $1250 is probably in line with the real value. I have seen these go for $4,000 - $6,000. This one shows evidence of water intrusion. Ebay is pretty good about enforcing returns/refunds, also PAYPAL will provide some money-back help, so if anybody steps up to this and it is unsatisfactory you can probably get your money back on a return. Ebay # is 144108847589
    Charlie Berry

Wow that is so cool. I want that then stop and think about all the parts I can get for my car instead! In real life with my 14 year old son, who shares my passion for cars and our Mark II, I often compare the price of things to a Mark II owner's manual (which I'd like to get sometime). He often gets to hear "man buddy we could get a Mark II owner's manual for that kind of money!" Ha ha ha.
    Knick Gomez

1956 Mark II C56C2306
    1958 Edsel Villager 9 passenger
    1959 Thunderbird
    1959 Cadillac Series 62
    1952 Cadillac Series 62
    1949 GMC 250 tow truck
    1951 Bentley Mk VI
    2004, 2006 Scion xB

Be careful:

Membership on eBay since 1.7.2021, no buyer feedback, no answer on my mails and questions!
    Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Seller uses id 'lincolnmercury', has 0 feedback now on it's second re-listing at $1250. (3 total times it has been listed) curious that he does not answer inquiries. He does have a number of post-2000 Lincoln literature items for sale.
    Charlie Berry

Charlie:
    Where is this guy located? Maybe we could get a volunteer to check it out in person.
    OBTW, are you related to Becky Berry Tipton? She was my co worker at Wright Patterson AFB.
    John Snoddy

I just got a response from him. He said he’s on the item for around 40 years and it was damaged with water in his basement. Too bad. He says all the pages are there.

He says he’s going to send me a video. I don’t know if I can share a video on this forum but if you send it to me I will forward it

Obviously each one of us would like to have a copy of this book and I don’t want to spend this much money or something in this bad shape. Any thoughts on what it would be worth? If I end up getting it I promise to scan every page and send it in under the documentation even though it won’t be perfect
    Mike Teske
    C56B1984

I heard of one that went for $7,000, but as you would expect it was pristine.

Mine (a 1956 version) has some slight moisture issues, but is much better than this one. I paid $1,500 for it (from someone I knew).

The Schmidt's of NPD, owners of the Ford Brother's cars, have a beautiful 1957 version, but it's not for sale. I mention that because I didn't know there was a '57 book, until I visited them and saw theirs.

An off-topic question for Mike. How was the paint that you bought for your car?
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

To whom it may concern:

You can get copies of every page of the dealers book from the Henry Ford Museum (pdf files).

If someone is interested, I would try to send them via mail.

Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Holger,
    Yes I would like to see it my personal email is gt40guy@hotmail.com

That’s great that you have that. Seems that everyone would enjoy seeing it. Could you put that into the documentation section in the forum.

Pat,
    To answer your question about the paint, my painter has gotten distracted apparently and I am not sure what’s going to happen with the repaint. It might just come back the same way it left
    Mike Teske
    C56B1984