Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reassembling #3610

Default Reassembling #3610

Several years ago, I hit a wall and got discouraged and stepped away from all things Mark II - my cars and the work I was doing on the Forum car histories. Well, I'm back and have resumed my work on the histories and my cars.

I am reassembling #3610 so I can sell it. More years ago than I'd like to think about, I took the car to an auto body place to have it restored. They took it COMPLETELY apart and then nothing happened until I got word that they had gone out of the restoration business and to come and get my car. Those who had worked on the car were no longer there, so, I ended up with a hulk and bazillions of disorganized pieces in boxes.

I have spent countless hours over the years documenting the histories of all the Mark II's which has been a valuable service to Mark II owners, present and past. So, I'm going to be asking owners for a little pay-back to help me put this car back together. I am thanking everyone in advance!

Does anyone have any pictures of the supports under the dash. Those are the black bars that supports everything under the dash.

I've got a box of them and nothing under the dash, so I'd like to put them in properly. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Pat
    Last edited by Pat Marshall; 05-15-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Pat, I just have one small picture. I'm sure Holger will come with more help!0104.jpg
    Roger

Thank you, Roger!
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Hello Pat,

Here a picture off the disassembled bars in the right sequence:

C5E9CBF6-EEC6-40A5-BFC3-17633BD3006D.jpg

If you need more or other pictures, please let me know.
    Last edited by Egenolf; 04-03-2021 at 08:58 AM.
    Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Thank you Holger. It looks like I have found everything except the wide support that the emergency brake bolts to.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Fred Lasure here I'm not far from you in Blacklick. My car is partially disassembled your welcome to come and see for yourself
    614 206 6234

Holger, your photo really helped. I found the support, it was mixed in with bumper support parts from my '59 T-Bird. It really looked like it belonged there.

Fred, I'll take you up on your offer to look at your car. You're only about 20 minutes away. I'll call you soon.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Default Roof Rail Fasteners

I know, I didn't document things when I took the car apart!

Anyway, can anyone tell me the specifications of the fasteners that attach the 2 window rails to the roof?

See photo please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Holger, thanks for really great pictures and your effort, but these look like they may be trim finish pieces. I'm looking for the fasteners (screws?) that attach the roof rail sets to the body.

Thanks again for your help.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH