Thread: C56C2338 Found

Default C56C2338 Found

My friend in NJ has this car. Needs a lot of work but he can do it.....I think. I'm having trouble finding the spread sheet showing original color etc. It's not coming up....Yes I am a sponsoring member. Help please. Comments on the car.... I did figure out the spreadsheet...open in other tab...Word Doc. First owner listed as: Marguerite Leiter, Countess of Suffolk.....Countess!!
    Last edited by jimgnj; 01-17-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    Jim Glass

Fantastic history on your friend's car Jim!! Please share some photos of it when you can as well as the data plate information. It looks like his car was made the same or next day as mine and was sold from the same dealer in Tucson. It almost feels like my car is related to a celebrity car to be in its presence!
    Knick Gomez

1956 Mark II C56C2306
    1958 Edsel Villager 9 passenger
    1959 Thunderbird
    1959 Cadillac Series 62
    1952 Cadillac Series 62
    1949 GMC 250 tow truck
    1951 Bentley Mk VI
    2004, 2006 Scion xB

Manny Car Plate.jpg

The Spec. Plate. Yeah interesting gal...I Googled her name, "Countess of Suffolk".
    Jim Glass

Interesting indeed! Some of the owners of these cars were just as interesting as the cars themselves. Yes, confirmed it was made the next day after mine from the date on the plate. One day I plan on traveling to Tucson to see if I can find anything about the original owner of my car as not much comes up online. I'd like to visit the spot where Selby Motors was( ow demolished) and I would also go to the Biosphere to see what remains of the Countess house. I'm sure your friend is as excited in finding out the history of his car as you and I seem to be and he can give the car the repairs it needs. I have found they are not difficult to work on but do require a lot of patience and care to get it right. Mine is full of small hacks here and there but nothing that cannot be undone. The parts can also be a little steep for certain things and some with good reason. I look forward to hearing more about the progress!
    Knick Gomez

1956 Mark II C56C2306
    1958 Edsel Villager 9 passenger
    1959 Thunderbird
    1959 Cadillac Series 62
    1952 Cadillac Series 62
    1949 GMC 250 tow truck
    1951 Bentley Mk VI
    2004, 2006 Scion xB

Mark II.jpg C56C2338 Runing. Thanks
    Steve Hewitt
    Allentown, PA