Thread: Radios for Mark II's

Default Radios for Mark II's

Does anyone know of other radios that might fit our cars. A newer radio that is solid state and also FM would be smaller, and a lot lighter and therefore easier to install than our big heavy tube radios.

I believe I saw a Mark II for sale that looked like it had a later radio that fit our radio opening.

I removed my radio yesterday and it sure is a job.

Se my post in technical for how I removed it.
    Jack Bowser
    C56B2198
    Past Ownership 1991, 3206, and 1763
    2006 Ford GT
    2006 Cadillac XLR-V
    427 Cobra
    2012 Mercedes SLS AMG Roadster
    1924 Dodge Brothers Rat Rod
    Lots of Bowser gas Pumps

Jack,

I had a '55 Ford that the original type radio was gutted internally and rebuilt so I had AM/FM stereo plus a CD changer in the glovebox. This was before satellite radio was popular but I am sure that can be accommodated also.

I dealt with Mike Hagan http://www.mikehaganantiqueautoradio.com/. Does nice work and I hope still in business. If not there are others that can probably help you while preserving the original look of the Mark II radio.
    Brian Mc Evilly
    Former Mark II Owner

Thanks Brian. I am aware of him but I don't want to modify my radio. I am changing all the old paper capacitors and doing a thorough tune up so it will be available if I ever sell my car and also incase I decide to put it back in the car if I can't find a nice looking radoi that will fit.

I see an outfit sells radioes for all cars and I have sent them a inquirey regarding their readios dimemsions.
    Jack Bowser
    C56B2198
    Past Ownership 1991, 3206, and 1763
    2006 Ford GT
    2006 Cadillac XLR-V
    427 Cobra
    2012 Mercedes SLS AMG Roadster
    1924 Dodge Brothers Rat Rod
    Lots of Bowser gas Pumps