Thread: Alexander Motors Inc Trenton NJ

Default Alexander Motors Inc Trenton NJ

Hello

My Mark 11 was sold thru Alexander Motors Inc. 940 Prospect, Trenton NJ.
    Does anyone have information on this dealership? Photos of the dealership building, years of operation, etc.

Thanks

I actually have quite a bit of knowledge about Alexander Motors because I own an Edsel that was purchased there. I have advertisements that they placed in local newspapers, and I was present with my parents on the day my Edsel was purchased. I have memories from that day even though I was only 5 at the time.
    They went out of business in the mid 1960's--guessing around 1964.
    When we were there in November 1959 they sold Mercury, Edsel, Lincoln, Renault, and Pugeot.
    I know that I am basically three years late in getting this answer to you, but I just found your question today.
    The building still stands. It is a Comcast office now. There is a place in the back of it where the stucco they remodeled it to have is broken and you can see the original brick of the dealership. I have an artist rendering of the dealership from one of their ads and a photo of a trunk slug they affixed to another vehicle (not mine. My father didn't allow advertising on our cars).
    If you are still around, and still want to know more, send me a message and I'll come back to this forum to share.