Thread: Found One Close To Me..C56B2119 Help

Default Found One Close To Me..C56B2119 Help

Not meaning to be a pest, and thanking John from my last post...This car is very close to me a Black Mark II C56B2119. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim
    Jim Glass

You can research any car by simply putting the last four numbers of the VIN in the forum search box in the upper right hand corner of the home page. Just put in 2119 and click the magnifying glass symbol. Here's what you get:
    https://www.markiiforum.com/showthre...highlight=2119

You now have the power Obe One Kenobi... Hope this helps. John
    P. S. There are many great cars for sale this week. Enjoy. jds
    John Snoddy

I bought it! I checked the files here and the colors match. The car is in great condition and possibly I'm the fourth/ fifth owner. I see it's been unaccounted for for sometime, not anymore. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the help.
    Jim Glass

Jim:
    Woo hoo! Well done. You are most welcome. Please post pics. We love pics.
    Congratulations. John
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 01-16-2020 at 07:49 AM.
    John Snoddy

Congratulations and welcome to the fun of Mark II ownership!

And yes PLEASE post some pictures!
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

I will post pictures ASAP... I'm happy with the old girl. Certainly a few issues right off the bat but nothing I can't deal with. You guys actually work on these beasts....right? First a simple smoke issue, the choke wasn't opening. Easy. Then the EMBLEM was missing on the passenger front fender, but the seller had one NOS. I wondered why he didn't install it!!!!! Ha double wall, got my arm in there and dropped the nut about 100 times, but it's on now. Blinker on right side made both blinkers flash in front, ut oh. Found wires all corroded and broken. Ran new wires. Headlight bulbs blew out within about two hours (age) replaced. HEY THE ONE BULB SAID MADE FOR FORD AND HAD FO MO CO ON IT!! COULD THAT BE FROM 1956? Now the good part.....clean underside and new steering stuff. Everyone loves the car, neighbors ran to see it! Interior is apparently original. The seller had the original owners manual and the original Continental Warranty pamphlet. Cool stuff. I found owners names who all signed the book and the car has not moved much in the last 25 years, the original owner drove it, and then four owners since put only about 3,000 miles on it. It has 71,700 now. I'll change that status as I like to drive my old cars at least a 1,000 a year. They don't know they are now toys, and special.....drive em. I'll post photos and questions soon enough. Thanks for the support already.
    Jim Glass