Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1957 Mark II's

It means that your car was built after they eliminated the ducts because of customers complaining that they were getting water in the trunks of their cars. They were eliminated sometime in May of 1956. I am assuming that your car is equipped with factory air, not an aftermarket unit.
    Nick DeSpirito
    Wayne,NJ

C56C2453
    Two-Tone
    11/14-1B6L-119

Quote Originally Posted by Nick DeSpirito View Post
    It means that your car was built after they eliminated the ducts because of customers complaining that they were getting water in the trunks of their cars. They were eliminated sometime in May of 1956.
    Does anyone happen to know the last VIN of the last unit with A/C nostrils? Can anyone help me out?
    John Snoddy

Barry found this memo and posted it - Note the date March 1, 56 and the I know that the last car with quarter air intakes is between 3270 and 3340. There is a whole thread on the "nostrils."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stebbins View Post
    Barry found this memo and posted it - Note the date March 1, 56 and the I know that the last car with quarter air intakes is between 3270 and 3340. There is a whole thread on the "nostrils."
    Joe:
    Thanks for this. In my research yesterday, I found 3148 had nostrils and 3155 doesn't have nostrils. So very interesting that it was hit and miss for some 200 more units.
    John Snoddy