Thread: OK, another question from DONROY (newbie) that probably most members already know !!!

Default OK, another question from DONROY (newbie) that probably most members already know !!!

Somewhere (I think) during the 1956 production they stopped using the exterior A/C vents. I thought these were so cool looking. (I think a friend got a set from a parts and they were solid brass). If so what was the last serial number to use them? Anyone know why they were discontinued and where the later models fresh air came from?
    Donald Roy
    C56F3041

Customers were complaining of getting water in their trunks. They were deleted in May of 1956.
    Nick DeSpirito
    Wayne,NJ

C56C2453
    Two-Tone
    11/14-1B6L-119

Later AC models connected a flexible hose to the rocker panel under the door and then another to the fresh air vent duct diverter in the front fender - this allowed them to delete the quarter panel intakes and the knob and linkage at the package tray.
    Last edited by Joseph Stebbins; 03-22-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

Quote Originally Posted by DONROY View Post
    Somewhere (I think) during the 1956 production they stopped using the exterior A/C vents. I thought these were so cool looking. (I think a friend got a set from a parts and they were solid brass).
    Please note the original nostrils were made of bronze, not brass, so that they could be more easily brazed into the rear fenders. John
    John Snoddy

John, Thank you for your answer. Puts my mind to rest..
    Donald Roy
    C56F3041

Thanks for the info. Interesting they were only in production for 7 or 8 months...
    Donald Roy
    C56F3041