Thread: new member with 56 Mark II needs help with restoration and vehicle hisory

Default new member with 56 Mark II needs help with restoration and vehicle hisory

serial #C5681022
    Body Specif. 10-A3B-84-6

I'm new member in San Francisco Bay area who has nearly completed restoration. I acquired the vehicle form original owner who passed away recently. The vehicle looks and runs great, but still needs a variety of minor things repaired, adjusted or replaced. The interior restoration has not been done and needs work, including seats, dashboard, arm pads. The hood needs adjusting. Gauges, incl. tachometer and clock need repair. Power windows need work.
    I'm looking for someone in Northern California who knows these cars well, and can help complete the restoration. Can anyone help me get vehicle history?
    I have not decided whether to keep it and add to my small collection (64 Riviera, 76 Eldo. Convertible) or sell it (I will let it go for 27K to a good home). Must be seen.

Thanks, Steve Sloan

Steve:
    Welcome to the forum!

Forum history for 1022 is listed below:
    http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...highlight=1022

As to restorers: you might PM "toyman" Walt Johnsen, who is retired but might have some good contacts for you.

Additionally, CR Classics did a great restoration of 2466:
    Their website is: www.crclassics.com

Good luck. Please share any info you may gain.

Thanks.
    John
    John Snoddy

John,

Thanks so much. I'm very excited to be member of club (my wife, not so much).
    I inherited my Mark II from My friend, Art Gauss, original owner and former San Francisco orthodontist, who passed away 2 months ago.
    How do I reach PM "toyman" Walt Johnsen. This Forum thing is new to me, but I'm a quick learner.

Steve
    steven sloan
    C5681022

PM means personal message... click the link on the header (top) of the main forum page.
    Most all info can be had in the FAQ (frequently asked questions) section also a link in the header.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Shelly Harris For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (10-26-2017)