Thread: Odd factory paint and interior combinations

Default Odd factory paint and interior combinations

Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever encountered a Mark II with light blue paint and dark red/white interior? Certainly not a typical selection when ordering a Mark II. Having recently seen one, i cant help but wonder how many could possibly be configured that way.

Thanks ,

Paul
    Paul Matthew Layne

I believe there is only one like that from the factory, it should be #2059. There is little history in the forum besides being delivered to the original dealer and original owner in New Mexico. I was familiar with a very original and well preserved car with these same color combinations back in about 1974. I thought it to be an unusual and rare color combination at the time. It was owned by a collector in Ardmore, OK. His name was H. L. Stone doing business as Stone's Antique Autos. The car was supposedly a one owner car with about 98,000 miles on it at the time. Mr. Stone kept the car for a couple of years, then sold it to someone in Kansas, if I remember correctly. Even though the car had nice original paint, Mr. Stone being a perfectionist had the car repainted in the original light blue. I think Mr. Stone's car was purchased in New Mexico which would line up with #2059. I have often wondered if it would show up in the forum sometime. I believe there was one dark blue Mark II made with the dark red and white interior, but I don't remember it's number. There was a light blue 1966 or 1967 Lincoln Continental with dark red/maroon cloth interior delivered new here in Ardmore, so there are a few of them out there.

What can you tell us about the car you saw?
    Rick Bone

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rickswrecks For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (09-05-2017), PMLayne (09-24-2017), Shelly Harris (09-04-2017)

Thanks for the reply, Rick.

The car I am referencing is, in fact, #2059. It has been in the same hands since 1968 was last used in late 80's. Engine last started in 1997. This car was purchased in from a used car dealership in Burbank, CA. No other history other than it was ordered in Clovis, NM to a Rancher/Business Man named, Hez Miles Abernathy from Lubbock, Tx. Although, oddly, the brass plaque on the floor says a different name: Ray Edwards.

It was originally Fairmont Blue, but was painted maroon at some point pre-1968. Otherwise, it seems to be quite original. I'm hopeful there will be more news to come in regard to this car.
    Paul Matthew Layne

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PMLayne For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (09-25-2017)