Thread: vacuum lines

Default vacuum lines

To All, I need some help with the vacuum system on our cars. My teck manual does not show anything about the vacuum system. Are there any books, drawings et. showing how the system is supposed to go. My immediate problem is the dash pot for the AC system. I am not getting any vacuum to the dash pot. Followed the line to the fuel /vacuum pump but I am lost there. The dash pot does not hold vacuum but the 12 volts is present. Is this dash pot available?
    Would also like to check out the rest of the vacuum.
    Thanks Cuz Vinnie
    Vincent Cashin
    C56C2571

Do a search for the posts by Barry Wolk. In one of his posts he shows a schematic of the vacuum system that is very clear. I think it is also discussed in the technical data manual but I lent mine to some one so I can't check.

Larry
    Larry Durocher
    1956 Mark II C5601429
    1962 RR Silver Cloud II drophead
    2006 Ford F150
    2010 RR Phantom drophead
    2013 Maserati Gran Turismo drophead
    2015 Lincoln MKT

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lld For This Useful Post:

cuz vinnie (06-29-2017)

Here's a diagram posted by Barry:
    http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...cuum%20diagram
    And here's info on the A/C dash pot:
    http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...vacuum+diagram
    good luck.
    John
    Last edited by jdsnoddy; 06-28-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    John Snoddy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdsnoddy For This Useful Post:

cuz vinnie (06-29-2017), rickswrecks (07-03-2017)

Thanks, I have the tech .manual but no mention of vacuum system/
    Vincent Cashin
    C56C2571

First and foremost check to see that the vacuum pump on the top of the fuel pump is working and connected to the manifold vacuum supply. often they get connected backwards on the push on ones and things go poorly from there.

Do the wipers work? The line from the manifold block on top of the intake (drivers front ahead of the carb) to the top of the fuel pump (intake side) then the line should go in a hard line under the harmonic balancer to a rubber hose that leads to the "T" under the washer bottle on the side of the passenger frame rail. This should go forward to the washer bottle and back down the lower hard line to the back of the engine compartment and up to a "T" that feeds the AC solenoid and another "T" that feeds the wipers and goes through the firewall to the interior.

If the vacuum lines are connected backwards the check valves in the pump close off the manifold vacuum and stop the function of the vacuum accessories. The breaks and the distributor are fed from the manifold block and would not be affected.

Hope this helps...

Joseph
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph Stebbins For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (06-29-2017), rickswrecks (07-03-2017)

Thanks Joe, my car had electric wipers installed and god knows where all of the lines to now. This is a big help for me to get started on tracing down lines. There are so many dead end plugs and T in the lines. This will be a fun filled weekend . Cuz Vinnie
    Vincent Cashin
    C56C2571

I'd start at the manifold block and maybe pull that an put a vacuum pump on it and then move down the line to the vacuum booster pump and keep on going... Good lluck!
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joseph Stebbins For This Useful Post:

cuz vinnie (07-02-2017), rickswrecks (07-03-2017)