Thread: Price Trends for Mark II Thread

Default Price Trends for Mark II Thread

Is there a thread on the Forum that tracks sales prices and trends for Mark IIs? I have had no luck in my attempts to find a thread containing this information.

Thanks.
    Brian Mc Evilly
    C56E2897

Make it a practice to scan our forum Mark II Cars For Sale, Trade, or Auction regularly.

Member "jdsnoddy" and others are contributors to the Forum which will give you a general knowledge of current asking prices.. However, what asking price and sales price of a car is posted means little unless you know the exact condition of the car... that is a variable that is hard to quantify and in many cases really unknow to the buyer. What one person may say is "perfect" maybe no better than what another claims is "good". Our cars are so limited in quantity and varied in condition that each has it's own price or worth ....there are few if any exactly comparable vehicles. It all boils down to this... assuming both parties well know the car, its true value is what a wiiling seller will accept from a willing buyer.

Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shelly Harris For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (06-19-2017), rickswrecks (06-20-2017)

Thanks, Shelley.

I am considering selling my Mark II and have an appraisal report. I have spoken to a dealer who may take the car on consignment but I was hoping to supply some data on recent Mark II sales by condition, beyond my appraisal, to support my selling price.

One of the biggest challenges is that the pool of Mark II's is so small that any sale can skew the averages and one man's excellent is another man's "nice".
    Brian Mc Evilly
    C56E2897

Brian; please tell us about your car. I've been poking around considering purchasing a Mark II. Actually for many years. Maybe what you have will entice me. Thanks.

Bill in Ohio
    Bill Guntsch