Thread: New home for 3186

Default New home for 3186

Hello everyone, C56G3186 is on the way over the Atlantic ocean to Scotland (UK) and should be arriving in about 6 weeks or so. Hopefully I've attached the photos correctly.

I'm very pleased to say I'm the latest owner or should I say custodian. I've been looking a Continental Mark ii for a long time and at last secured this very tidy example in California where its been since about 1987 after originally been sold to its first owner in Montana. Its had a number of sensible upgrades over the years (electronic points, electric fuel pump and duel circuit brakes etc.). I must say its a testament to the enthusiasm and care taken by the last owner. That's something that also really comes through in the Forum.

Underneath the frame has only a few areas of very light surface rust, and only minor corrections to be made to tin work, so I'll reseal everything once its done (sounds like it'll take a few days/weeks at least!).

At some point the present vinyl interior will be changed for Bridge of Weir leather in period color(s), fortunately their tannery is only a couple of hours drive away.

The roads here tend to be a bit narrower than the US, wish me luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark Norris
    C56G3186
    1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series 5 Vantage
    1951 C-type Jaguar (alloy replica)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark Norris For This Useful Post:

Doc (06-17-2017), jdsnoddy (06-17-2017), rickswrecks (06-19-2017)

Welcome to the forum...... you must be very excited waiting to take delivery.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Welcome aboard! When she arrives post some pics of her new home!
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

Congratulations on finding your Mark II. Keep us posted with updates as you make your improvements and good luck negotiating those narrow roads.
    Brian Mc Evilly
    C56E2897

As with the other members, I would like to wish you a warm welcome. I too will be looking forward to additional photos.
    Howard Hanchett
    1956 Continental Mark II C5691376