Thread: Edit of posts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Edit of posts

Hello,

my last post

http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...6107#post46107

was edited, but not by myself.

One Picture is missing and there are thumbnails now instead of complete pictures.

Does anyone know the reasons?
    Holger Klausing
    C56B1966
    C56C2503

Quote Originally Posted by Egenolf View Post
    One Picture is missing and there are thumbnails now instead of complete pictures.
    Holger, I don't know what happened to your post, but I had a similar problem on Sunday. All I can suggest to you is, try again.

I edited two of my posts to add inline photos. The inline photos disappeared later that day. I edited the two posts again, and today I can see the photos.

As for thumbnails, I believe those must be "attached" photos instead of "inline" photos. I use both, and I like attached photos because they are uploaded to this site. Inline photos hosted on another site may not persist.

That is impressive work, by the way, and 1966 is gorgeous.

--Peter
    Peter Hill
    C56A1832

Forum Rules. We may edit or completely remove posts totally within our discretion.

In your examples... when I come upon inline photos I convert them to "attached" photos for the reason mentioned. We want to keep the photo stored on our site and not have it someday dissapear becasue another site we don't control has removed it. We delete pjhotos that are duplicative or very similar to another photo so that nothing new is displayed and we have size restraints to save storage space. Additinally we may move a post for placement in a more appropriate thread or forum. We delete posts that are out of date, e.g. car show announcements.
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Harris View Post
    when I come upon inline photos I convert them to "attached" photos for the reason mentioned
    Shelly, understood, and I agree that it's good to have photos archived on this site.

However I think that inline photos are very useful. They can give casual visitors an idea of what's going on here.

I was reminded of this when I looked again at the post about 2514. The inline photographs of 2514 look great -- and if they were attachments, they would not be visible to visitors.

I spent some time browsing this site before I joined, and Holger's inline photos in particular were fascinating...
    Peter Hill
    C56A1832