Thread: 2226 Project, CA. To Fl.

Default 2226 Project, CA. To Fl.

My name is Jim Plank, I live in Sarasota, Florida. My first car was a 1949 Lincoln Cosmo. Sport Sedan, paid $50.00 for it in 1959 from my shop teacher. He thought it need a valve job. I did not have many tools but got the head off, bad headgasket,easy fix. Graduated 1960, went to work as a mechanic for a Ford dealer, moved on to a 1954 Ford, put the 49 Lincoln engine in my brothers 1940 Ford Coupe, then on to a new 1962 Ford Conv. Left the dealer in 1963, then on to a gas station, wife, 2 kids, Auto Repair Garage, 12 years later a Farmer, grand baby's, retired, great grand babys.1988, moved from Md to Fl. What a great ride it has been. Did a 62 T-Bird, couple of Crosley Super Sports, I still have a 32 Ford Roaster I built in 1963 for drag racing, one of those first J.C.Wit. Fiberglass bodies,going to give that to my boy. Needed to have another 1949 Lincoln Cosmo. So I found a Town Sedan (Fast Back), did it inside and out and added AC. We call it driving Miss Daisy. So now I'm waiting on my 2226 project from CA. That did turn out costing $1190.00 for a non driving car, not to bad. I know I'm going to need some help finding some missing parts but I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for it to get here, it's on the carrier and should be here December 14th to 16th. Anyway, my story, hope to talk with you all soon !! Jim
    Jim Plank
    C56B2226

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jim Plank For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (12-09-2016), rfm45 (12-10-2016), rickswrecks (12-09-2016)

Jim, a full life indeed! Looking forward to photos once your car arrives. Welcome to the forum.
    Howard Hanchett
    1956 Continental Mark II C5691376

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Plank View Post
    My name is Jim Plank, I live in Sarasota, Florida. My first car was a 1949 Lincoln Cosmo. Sport Sedan, paid $50.00 for it in 1959 from my shop teacher. He thought it need a valve job. I did not have many tools but got the head off, bad headgasket,easy fix. Graduated 1960, went to work as a mechanic for a Ford dealer, moved on to a 1954 Ford, put the 49 Lincoln engine in my brothers 1940 Ford Coupe, then on to a new 1962 Ford Conv. Left the dealer in 1963, then on to a gas station, wife, 2 kids, Auto Repair Garage, 12 years later a Farmer, grand baby's, retired, great grand babys.1988, moved from Md to Fl. What a great ride it has been. Did a 62 T-Bird, couple of Crosley Super Sports, I still have a 32 Ford Roaster I built in 1963 for drag racing, one of those first J.C.Wit. Fiberglass bodies,going to give that to my boy. Needed to have another 1949 Lincoln Cosmo. So I found a Town Sedan (Fast Back), did it inside and out and added AC. We call it driving Miss Daisy. So now I'm waiting on my 2226 project from CA. That did turn out costing $1190.00 for a non driving car, not to bad. I know I'm going to need some help finding some missing parts but I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for it to get here, it's on the carrier and should be here December 14th to 16th. Anyway, thay's my story, hope to talk with you all soon !! Jim
    I guess one thing I left out, from 1999 until now, I ran up and down the east coast selling CarCapsules and Airchamber at the car shows/swapmeets, I still sell them but had to cut way back on the show. I'm sure there are a few of you folks that I have one time talked with you. I used that blue T-Bird in the beginning and then went to the Crosleys, small to haul. Anyway, a great way to store and keep you cars.
    Jim Plank
    C56B2226

Jim: Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to seeing your Mark II and following your restoration project. I'm sure you'll find the Forum a useful resource as you undertake your project.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

Jim, Welcome. What a great price! Good luck on the project. My car was in pieces when I bought it and it was exciting to get it together. The first trip under power was a real thrill!
    Bill Matteson

Jim,

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for a great story. Good luck with your Mark II and keep us posted with pictures and updates as you sort through it. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of that '49 Lincoln either.
    Brian Mc Evilly
    C56E2897

Brian, I need to find out how to post pictures. Jim
    Jim Plank
    C56B2226