Thread: New member in BC Canada

Default New member in BC Canada

I am thinking about purchasing a 1956 and doing a full frame off restoration on it, I read the comment that "These are very costly to do" and may not be a good return on investment.
    What is very costly to do and what is the resale value when completed?
    The car is all there and everything is working, the body is solid but the interior and trunk needs everything redone.
    I do all of the work myself with the exception of painting and upholstery.
    The is car does not have AC, can this be added to factory specs and what would the cost be to do this?

Thanks, Eric.
    Eric Wolf

Another question, If I change the color scheme to another stock scheme other than that on the VIN, will this decrease the value?
    Eric Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by eric wolf View Post
    Another question, If I change the color scheme to another stock scheme other than that on the VIN, will this decrease the value?
    I have not noticed a change in price with an offered interior combination - even going to a DSO offering. It was basically a custom car so choosing from the original palate of options is not a big deal. It's not like the 7 factory Hemi 'Cuda Convertibles or something when so many were specially optioned.
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

Eric,

Do an advanced search for the posts by toyman. He lays out the time and costs for a first class restoration. Walt is a well known restorer and has recently completed an excellent Mark II restoration. Barry Wolk also shows some nice details of a restoration but he doesn't give much man-hour and cost details.

There is a huge difference in resale value when you look across the spectrum of Mark II restorations. A world class restoration will bring big dollars. In 2015 and 2016, the highest Mark II cars have sold for approximately $250K and $330K, respectively. However, these are extraordinary exceptions. A nice "restoration" would probably bring around $60-75K. All of these numbers are rough estimates based on existing auction results.

Larry
    Larry Durocher
    1956 Mark II C5601429
    1962 RR Silver Cloud II drophead
    2006 Ford F150
    2010 RR Phantom drophead
    2013 Maserati Gran Turismo drophead
    2015 Lincoln MKT

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lld For This Useful Post:

Joseph Stebbins (10-20-2016)