Thread: New member & 3772

Default New member & 3772

I joined this group a few ago & never introduced myelf,nor have I talked about 3772 as mr ralp messina has asked me too.You see this has been all very hard for me,and still is ongoing.My Dad bought this 57 3772 in Hollywood ca in 1975,she was clean & okay ,after I had a valve job done on her at Lincoln Mrecury were I had worked at the time,my dad drove it back east where he had numerous connections to do paint ,Interior,chrome ,you name it ,this was dad,s baby & nothing was too good for her ,he had the car single stage coated the proper white ,turned his focus on all the chrome,& Ralph this the part that's you will not like,replaced the entire interior with Connelly English leather hides,at least he had it done to the proper pattern & colors like factory spec,he had another one all rusted out back their ,I do not have the #s or anything but what he did was have those bumpers rechromed & shipped here to his house in los angeles along with the hood,trunk, grille hlamp bezels tack & pod valve covers 2 sets of wheel covers winshield back glass & more stuff ,its all in his garage along with 3772 ,the car was left ouside for several years and is not the car it was ,but can be saved the dash is peeling back a lil the seats are okay the paint needs compound and wax,chrome lil worn,rugs are still new ,except for the drvers side that took in lil water,the car meant the world to dad & his cars were always under my care since I was 7 or 8,along with The alfa sitting next to her.Sadly my beloved dad passed away unexpectinly in march ,I ive yet to totally recover,has I live across the street from his house for many years,it took me 3 months to peek into the garage & now Im making plans on bringing them both home & possibly up and going ,my plan is set with parts,shops ,stuff like that,eventually possibly this week ill open the front door of the garage & well tyow the Mk11 out to a shop first,as daqd & Mom would want me 2..I really cant take this and im sorry for my tears.....Miss you Dad & ill take care of both your beloved cars, and make you proud...Love Donie
    Dominick Toscano
    1957 MKII C56R3772
    1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider
    2006 Mustang convertible,sport pkg & mint
    1973 GMC 2500 crew cab ,retro modded,always needed paint ,my' Max'
    1993 Ducati 904SPS SS, 2nd place show winner
    1978 Tracy 550 Honda ,2nd place show winner

Dom, your Dad was fortunate to have had such a loyal, sensitive and loving son. The void created by his loss, especially when sudden, will never disappear, but the connection you have established with his Mark ll is a continuing connection to him which will keep his memory alive and help you deal with his loss.
    Good luck to you and may your Dads soul rest in peace.
    Andrew Aloisi

1956 Mark ll D2815
    2003 Chrysler Sebring Ltd. convertible
    2005 Mercedes E20 station wagon
    2015 BMW 750I

Dom - We also have our parents' Mark II, that they purchased new. The car meant the world to them; it was something of a symbol that they'd truly made it through some difficult times together--the Depression, my dad's service in WWII, and starting all over again after the war. Driving the car, simply sitting in it, just looking at it...always brings back fond memories of my mom and/or dad. Restoring it was a true labor of love--for the car and for them. I'm sure you'll feel the same as you bring it back to the way dad would have wanted it. Keep us posted as you undertake the project.
    Pete Hoffman
    C5691209

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

rickswrecks (07-29-2016)

Dom -

My father had a 47 Continental that he had to sell to pay the medical bills when I was born and he and mom always talked about taking it for one last ride around the block before it went away. When I was growing up a Mark II was the car he always wanted and never managed to get. We looked at quite a few but he passed away before he managed to fine "the one." So every I work on the Mark or even help someone out with a question it makes me think of him. Good luck and like Andrew and Pete said the work will be special for you.
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

Thank you all for understanding,Im almost ready to pull it out and send her off for the first stage of my plan,when she comes back to me,Ill use the same tool that has always guided my hands...my heart, but its heaverier now that I could ever have imagined.......Dad is watching..love Donie !
    Dominick Toscano
    1957 MKII C56R3772

Dominick,

I’m so sorry about the loss of your dad. There are no words to relieve the sorrow right now, but time will ease the pain and leave you with loving memories that live on. Your dad sounds like an automotive craftsman, but his greatest accomplishment was raising a loving and appreciative son. Whatever you’re considering for the cars, take your time before acting. There’s no rush to complete car and the journey will give you chance to use the knowledge you learned from your dad. Additionally, Forum members have a wealth of experience they’re happy to share.
    Ralph Messina
    Bridgewater, NJ

Dominick,

Sympathy on the loss of your dad. I know with each step of the restoration process, you will feel his presence. This forum contains the very best people and information to help with the restoration process. When your car is complete, it will not be a car, but a tribute to your father.
    Howard Hanchett
    1956 Continental Mark II C5691376

Ralph & Howard thank you both for the comforting words,,& yes I have every intention on making the MK11 a tribute to my Dad. Just hope I can pull this off.The welcome & help from this forum is most encouraging.
    Dominick.
    Dominick Toscano
    1957 MKII C56R3772

This is the only picture I have of dad with his MKII,it was Sunday morning ,I had just waxed the paint ,polished all the chrome & feed the Connolly hides for DadWIN_20160710_080717.jpg ,I backed her out of the garage & went in and got him to take a picture with it..Im glad I did!!! Love Donie..
    Dominick Toscano
    1957 MKII C56R3772

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dominick Toscano For This Useful Post:

rickswrecks (08-04-2016)