Thread: 2870 update

Default 2870 update

I was at William Gluth's home today and had a chance to look at C56D2870. It is black now with an older paint job but still looks good no rust. The interior is not bad. Several interesting points. The spare tire is painted a dark metallic green and looks to be original. There is no name on the name plate. The license plat frame is from a dealer in klamath Falls Oregon. The dealers name was Surroz the same name of the person Bill bought the car from. The dealership was a Lincoln Mercury dealer. The car shows 76137 mile. Body specifications 16-1M6E229-10.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Walt Johnsen

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toyman For This Useful Post:

jdsnoddy (06-17-2016), Pat Marshall (06-18-2016), rickswrecks (06-17-2016)

Attached is the updated registry history for 2870 -
    http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=44528

Walt: did you take pictures of the car. It has been black for over 30 years, but there are no pictures.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

The car is in a very small garage space and is jacked up on one side. So it was not possible to get any pictures of the exterior. But I took several pictures of the interior. I was interested in how the back seat fits to the arm rest. I'm finishing interior the of my car and when the back seat is installed there is a space between the back cushion and the arm rest of about 5/8". On Bill's car it is tight? But his arm rest is lifted up in the rear, you can see this in the picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Walt Johnsen