Thread: 4-Way Lincoln Meet Aug. 2016

Default 4-Way Lincoln Meet Aug. 2016

All Lincoln and Continental Owners should be aware of the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation and Museum at Hickory Corners, Michigan and National 4-Club Lincoln Meet August 10-14 2016. Details at LCOC.org
    Charlie Berry

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to legrandfromage For This Useful Post:

Mark II Seeker (05-23-2016), rickswrecks (05-23-2016)

If anyone is going to that meet, please let me know. I have questions about the two Mark IIs there and hope someone can check out the cars.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Default I will be there

Not a Mark II expert but in attendance.

Charlie Berry
    Charlie Berry

Default Mark IIs at the Heritage Museum

Charlie - I had to wait a bit to respond due to a technical problem with our Registry History Data Base.

I believe there are 2 Mark IIs at the museum: xyx9502f the third Mark II prototype and an unidentified Mark II.

1) 9502 - Here is the link to 9502's history. http://www.markiiforum.com/showthread.php?p=44362

This car was the A/C prototype and was subsequently owned for years by Elmer Rohn. Rohn sold it to Dennis Carpenter Ford, Concord NC, which last year donated it to the museum.

I'm hoping to get some close up pictures of the interior and the engine compartment (the dataplate too) to see if he car is still configured with its prototype equipment.

Elmer's son Jim (a Forum Member) said that when Elmer owned it, it still had all the prototype gauges and equipment. However the pictures that I have seen from Michigan don't appear to show those gauge cluster on the passenger side dash. So, anything you can do will be very helpful.

2) The other Mark II - We don't know which car it is. If you can please identify it and get some pictures.

Thank you very much for your assistance.
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH

Default Mark II's in Museum

I am searching for some info from contacts who may know. Otherwise August will yield info. Are you going to the meet?
    Charlie Berry

Default More dope on Museum Cars

PAt:

If you will provide your e-mail address I will copy you on an e-mail just rec'd from the museum files.

Charlie
    Charlie Berry

continentalmarkii@yahoo.com

I won't be able to attend.

Thanks for your help.

Pat
    Pat Marshall
    Lancaster, OH