Thread: Opportunity to purchase, need some help

whitelightning Guest

Default Opportunity to purchase, need some help

I have an opportunity to purchase a '56. I have to move fast before the owner posts it forsale. It was his deceased fathers. He wants $5,000 canadian, is it a good deal. I am sorry for my ignorance, i am more into the shoebox fords.

Default Mark II Purchase opinion

Well, you have stumbled onto something really neat. First of all, I think the price is right. Second of all, these cars are like any other car---even though they are a good deal, if it is not something you are interested in, then let him list it. If you are an entrepreneur then buy it, sort thru things then figure it out for restore or re-sell. Go to GOOGLE Images and type in 1956 Continental Mark II. Look at how beautiful these are. This forum will tell you almost everything there is about these cars EXCEPT where to get them restored, who to have re-paint etc.
    My advice would be that if you buy this car MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET EVERY PART THERE IS TO BE HAD from the seller. This will be an expensive build, but worth the time and effort if you have the resources. Good Luck. It would be advantageous for all of us on this forum if you could get and post the VIN of the car. Found on the drivers "A-Piller". This will tell you a lot of info on the car. Like I said above---Good Luck!
    George Masters
    C56B1942
    52 & 53 MG TD's
    '71 GTO
    '57 Ford Sunliner
    '64 Plymouth Barracuda
    '55 Nomad
    '56 Chevy 'Sport Sedan'
    '65 Plymouth Satellite
    '72 Land Rover
    '51 Ford "Woodie Wagon'

Yes, that is a fair deal. If you are not interested in the car, and it has a title to get it across the border, let me know, I will buy it. I could have it on the road in a year. Mark A Maromonte
    Mark A Maromonte

whitelightning Guest

Well I made a deal to purchase the car. I will post the data plate this weekend when I pick up.

For that kind of money, smart move. The car has potential, if you go for a driver and not a 100 point car.
    Mark A Maromonte

Steel Guest

Default That Mark 2

Just to drop a line on this forum that that '56 was up for grabs again. Whitelightning thanks for showing me this forum. I just wanted to help sell it for my mother. These were dads passion. he had paid $8000 can for it before he passed. Thanks.

So, it is still for sale?
    Mark A Maromonte

Steel Guest

Default 56 still here

This is that id plate off it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default 1265 VIN data plate Pic

Thanks for the pic of that VIN data plate of C5691265.
    Really helps.

here's the history link:
    http://www.markiiforum.com/showthrea...highlight=1265
    John Snoddy