Thread: Introducing the new 2017 Lincoln Continental at Chicago Auto Show 2016

Default Introducing the new 2017 Lincoln Continental at Chicago Auto Show 2016

Here are some pictures I took of the 2017 Lincoln Continental at the Chicago Auto Show 2016. This one has the "Black Label" dress up package. It's due in September at just under $50,000. Engines are all V6s, with a 3.7, 2.7 twin-turbo, and top 3.0 twin-power turbo at 400hp/400lb.-ft. torque. Transmission is a 6-speed with paddle shifters.

The fancy interior looks welcoming, and some nice exterior chrome suits the body. The engine is shared with the MKZ, and I think the car should have it's OWN motor to be truly unique and special. Also in my opinion, a 6-speed isn't that impressive when there's more sophisticated ZF 8-speeds on several other cars. Lexus even has a 10-speed on the upcoming LC500 coupe.

Overall, I think it's a good looking car in person. Enjoy the pictures and tell us what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Harris; 02-13-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    Dave Harris

1964 Pontiac GTO
    2013 Ford Shelby GT500

Jus nother bar o soap but this time with a Jag u ar grille. Okay, then - a jelly bean.
    William Otterson
    C56R3756

Nice pics Dave
    Shelly

C56C2292
    '56 Continental Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by VidyBidneth View Post
    Jus nother bar o soap but this time with a Jag u ar grille. Okay, then - a jelly bean.
    I saw a maroon Continental at the Philadelphia Auto Show last week. I thought it was very pretty and that is quite a statement considering that, in my opinion,most new offerings are either a lump or look like an angry fish from the front and it doesn't get much better looking at their sides and rear.

I wasn't able to engage the rep who was standing on the platform to get information from him regarding the drive train, etc.

My last new Lincoln was in the nineties and I haven't looked back but might reconsider if this performs any where near as good as it looks.
    Brian Mc Evilly
    C56E2897

Default New continental

Darn shame about the front wheel drive. Might as well say hyundai on the badge. Maybe at least they can fix the generic grille before release. And there is always hope for a future model that would be worthy of the name.
    David Birch
    C56R3825

Quote Originally Posted by DANNO View Post
    Darn shame about the front wheel drive. Might as well say hyundai on the badge. Maybe at least they can fix the generic grille before release. And there is always hope for a future model that would be worthy of the name.
    I think that RWD and a proper V-8 would give the car a lot more credibility but I understand that all wheel drive is standard. I don't think that FOMOCO has a rear drive platform other than the Mustang.
    Brian Mc Evilly
    C56E2897

Thanks for posting the pics, Dave!
    Russell Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Mark II Seeker View Post
    I think that RWD and a proper V-8 would give the car a lot more credibility but I understand that all wheel drive is standard. I don't think that FOMOCO has a rear drive platform other than the Mustang.
    The Ford Mustangs, Expeditions, trucks & vans are all RWD platforms.
    Dave Harris

1964 Pontiac GTO
    2013 Ford Shelby GT500