Thread: Did you find the Mark II or did it find you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

3340 found me when someone was showing me pictures on his phone of a 66 convertible he wanted me to buy. He scrolled back too far and I said "Hey what about that one!" Sounding slightly less whiney than Luke Skywalker...

I went to see it and the rest is history. The water pump is a story for another day...
    Joseph Stebbins

c56j3340

Default 56 found me!

DROVE home 2042 today! I've got some work ahead of me but I am getting more excited every second. It's moldy, rumbles and has no wipers (Portland Oregon) but no longer will the car sit outside and deteriorate.
    Daniel Foster

Quote Originally Posted by danfoster View Post
    DROVE home 2042 today! I've got some work ahead of me but I am getting more excited every second. It's moldy, rumbles and has no wipers (Portland Oregon) but no longer will the car sit outside and deteriorate.
    Good for you. Post pics when you get a chance. We all love pics.
    Russell Chilton

I've had my Mark II since the early 1980's. Each day I would look at the Cars For Sale Section in my local newspaper (remember those?). Being a car fan, every once in a while, an odd vehicle would show up. Buried in an ad for a 1975 Mustang II, the last four words in the ad read "also 56 Mark II". I called the number and found out the location was less than two miles from where I lived. The person claimed to be selling the car for his brother-in-law. Upon arrival, it was very clear the guy knew nothing about the car. Frankly, I did not know nearly as much about Mark IIs then as I know now. He wanted some outlandish price for it. I countered with a much, much lower price. He said he would have to check with his brother-in-law, but said he did not think he would take my offer. He guessed wrong. I've had the car ever since.
    Howard Hanchett
    1956 Continental Mark II C5691376